• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newly Single, Need advice

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:42 PM
  • 29 Replies

Hello,

I am a newly single mom.

Let's start from a week ago. Lost a year long job to a mistake on my part. I have been engaged for 6 months to a wonderful guy. When I told him the news, he called off the wedding. He didn't trust me. I have been trying for a week. Got a new job (not nearly as good as the old, but working in a resturaunt with tips, so pay is more.) I am having a hard time. I am sad all the time. Losing my mind. My daughter is the most important, but when it comes to my love live, I am broken.

This guys is not my daughters dad. My daughers biological dad commited suicide when she was 2 months old. So essentially, I have been a single mom since I was 20, almost 21. My ex-fiance has been an amazing dad to my daughter the last 5 years and for a stupid mistake on my part, to ruin that, really just destroys me. 

I don;t know what to do. I have the oppurtunity to move closer to my parents, work, go back to school and finish my dreams, or stay here. In this town where everything has gone wrong for me, and wait and see what my ex-finace wants to do. 

The thought just destroys me and I dont know what to do. I am a broken mess, full of hopes, knowing that basically none of them will come true.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Did you cheat on him ?
myflowerasd
by 💖~Skunk~💖 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM
3 moms liked this
If it were me, I'd move back home and try to go to school. Follow your dreams. And if your ex wants you back, he can come to you. But please don't put your life on hold for him.
Maddogsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM
He broke up with you because you lost your job? Or why?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:57 PM

something tells me what you did wrong at your job is the reason why he broke it off. doesn't seem like a good quality i'd want in a husband if at first sight of trouble he runs scared the other way.

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:58 PM
This.

Quoting myflowerasd: If it were me, I'd move back home and try to go to school. Follow your dreams. And if your ex wants you back, he can come to you. But please don't put your life on hold for him.
amymeldrum
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Did you cheat on him ?
No. I have never cheated.
amymeldrum
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting myflowerasd: If it were me, I'd move back home and try to go to school. Follow your dreams. And if your ex wants you back, he can come to you. But please don't put your life on hold for him.
This is exactly how I feel. Having been in this position 2 times already, thats where I feel I should be. My mom is practically begging me.

CamJen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Agreed

Quoting jkleinman: This.

amymeldrum
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

something tells me what you did wrong at your job is the reason why he broke it off. doesn't seem like a good quality i'd want in a husband if at first sight of trouble he runs scared the other way.

It was an honest mistake.  I ddin't realize  I was doing wrong until it was too late. I didn't even get a warning when it came to my job, I just got the boot. It's a very difficult situation, I understand, but I guess I just am scared after my history.

BekahBrownEyes
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:03 AM
What mistake did you make to upset your exdf to that extent?

Whoops. ..hit post by accident. I wasn't even done.

Whatever this mistake is, you've at least learned early on that he cannot deal with anything difficult. I do agree with a pp that you should just concentrate on yourself and follow your dreams. I do understand your pain though, my BF & I broke up last week. Breakups suck whale dicks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)