Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he can do no wrong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
SO has been giving me a little bit of a hard time with the amount of money i spend on groceries.. we are a family of 3 in a pretty aberage to high cost of living area. I spent about 100$/week on groceries. He wants it lower then 80$

But yet i just checked our bank account and he spent 30$ on dinner at a restaurant tonight when he stormed out of the house pissed.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like it's time for him to go grocery shopping!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Yup he needs to walk with you during grocery shopping so he understands the price and he can not use the money for spontaneous dinner grabbing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:11 AM
He would come back with nothing useful im telling you hes useless when it comes to knowing whats needed to cook as he doesnt do it

Quoting -42-: Sounds like it's time for him to go grocery shopping!

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Find a way to lower the grocery bill OR find a way to contribute more money to it.
-42-
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Dumb it down for him. Make a list of necessary items and explain that you have to have them to make it through the week. Take him into the kitchen and show him. Sometimes you just have to involve them and open their eyes.

Do you meal plan? That makes life way easier, lol.

Quoting Anonymous: He would come back with nothing useful im telling you hes useless when it comes to knowing whats needed to cook as he doesnt do it

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:22 AM
If I sent df shopping he'd come back with 80$ worth of hot pockets. So don't do that.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:22 AM

He just wanted to go out to eat so he started shit. Write out your grocery list and send him.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

djg0622
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:25 AM
We always go shopping together. It keeps us both in line without grabbing too many extras. Last time we went I made a detailed list of everything I needed for meals and he didn't complain once about what we spent. He just a wants it planned out so we aren't getting things that go to waste.

That being said I would be upset if he spent $30 on a meal especially if that was just for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:14 PM

He came with me today, normally at most I spend 110$ if I need to get laundry soap or little extras like that, but today with him there with me we spent 170$ 

Basically he told me he will be staying home from now on and will not be questioning it lol

Quoting -42-: Dumb it down for him. Make a list of necessary items and explain that you have to have them to make it through the week. Take him into the kitchen and show him. Sometimes you just have to involve them and open their eyes. Do you meal plan? That makes life way easier, lol.
Quoting Anonymous: He would come back with nothing useful im telling you hes useless when it comes to knowing whats needed to cook as he doesnt do it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:15 PM

I make more money then him lol so pretty sure Im contributing enough ;)

Quoting 3xangel: Find a way to lower the grocery bill OR find a way to contribute more money to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)