Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He called me a s***ty wife

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
My DH and I got married very young. At the time he couldn't afford the ring he wanted to get me.. So I never really had a ring to wear.

It's been 5 years since we married and I still don't have a ring. I mention it every now and again. tonight,I made a joke saying that I want him to get me a ring so I can pawn it when we divorce lol I laughed and said I'm jk. I would never do that!!
He then said "its ok because I know you're a shitty wife who would do something like that and I'll know I'll have a better girl when I find her"

Wow!!!! My jaw dropped when I heard this. Totally unexpected!!! We joke around with eachother all the time but this sounded so serious and mean. When he saw how bothered I was he said (in an offensive tone) "GOD! I was just kidding!!!! You can joke, but I can't"?

He didn't even say jk after he said it and then he also sounded so serious. I think this is what he really feels. Especially because of the way he's been treating me lately. He's been so cold and distant.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:25 AM
Bump
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Yeah...you don't joke about shit like that. Both of you are at fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:25 AM
3 moms liked this

Divorce is not really a joking matter. You probably offended him and he snapped back. Just because you say "jk" doesn't mean that what you said wasn't offensive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:27 AM
He throws the divorce word out there all the time when we argue so I made it a joke. You're probably right though... I shouldn't joke about that.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Yeah...you don't joke about shit like that. Both of you are at fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:27 AM
You're right. I didn't see it that way. I was being so selfish and close minded. Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Divorce is not really a joking matter. You probably offended him and he snapped back. Just because you say "jk" doesn't mean that what you said wasn't offensive.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:30 AM
Sounds to me like you're an needling hurt his feelings.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:30 AM
3 moms liked this

He's already found your replacement and he is justifying his cheating so you will feel shitty about yourself after you find out about his piece on the side.

j3st3r
by Jedi on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:30 AM
It sounds like you're both angry about something & need a better way to communicate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:32 AM
Ok this is gonna make me paranoid especially because he has cheated once before

Quoting csxt99:

He's already found your replacement and he is justifying his cheating so you will feel shitty about yourself after you find out about his piece on the side.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:33 AM
This sounds about right

Quoting j3st3r: It sounds like you're both angry about something & need a better way to communicate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)