Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My school supply confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I love school supplies. Seriously back to school is my favorite season. Crayons for .25, notebooks for .50 and tons of pens all on sale. (I love buying pens). And i can't buy any of it. Well no reason to buy any of it.

I have one kid in school. She's going into 5th grade. The school she goes to provides supplies for grades up to 8th. All they ask you to buy is a backpack. So my confession.... I spent 50.00 on supplies that I'm going to donate to the local food shelf. (they do a back to school thing for low income families in other schools) My mom thinks I'm insane and it was a waste of money because I didn't need the stuff. Well no I don't but some other kid out there will. I did keep a few boxes of crayons for my 3 year old. My dog eats crayons like French fries....
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:55 AM
I love school supplies as well!

I'd do the same if I had the extra money!
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:56 AM
I love school supplies too!

And I think it's awesome that you're going to donate stuff for a child that needs it.

:)
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:14 AM
I love them as well. I buy them all year since I homeschool. I even buy extra to donate. I love deals on school supplies.
BostonGirl0301
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Me too!
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I don't mind school supply shopping...we don't spend too much and I get everything usually in one visit.

It's the clothes & shoes I hate shopping for :/

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:29 AM

My dd can't wait to do her back to school shopping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Good for you

lilredrosetears
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM
The list for my kid is huge and im only buying what i know she will use,the bad thing about it is last yr the parents just threw everything into a plastic bin and the less fortunate get it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
555wife
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:51 AM
This exactly! ! I hate the clothes shopping. 3 kids in school, all uniforms. At least it's not super strict uniform, jeans and a Polo shirt, but still expensive! !

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I don't mind school supply shopping...we don't spend too much and I get everything usually in one visit.

It's the clothes & shoes I hate shopping for :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Oh I do to! I bought 90 notebooks at staples last night for $0.17 a piece! I bought 30, sent my daughter thru with 30, and then hubby with 30. With them normally at least a dollar or more a piece any other time of the year I stocked up! Plus they had crayola markers for $0.97 each bought the max of those and a ton of other awesome deals! We now have a rubbermaid container full of supplies! But we will put them to use. But I also bought 2 backpacks because I adopted a family and bought both of those kiddos their school supplies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN