Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

best sneakers for school? What lasts the longest.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies
I was awarded temp custody of my cousin. She is 7 and entering 2nd grade. I need to buy her sneakers for school. My baby is still under age 1 so I am not experienced in this department yet. What brand holds up well and will last? Im hoping to ay least get her to Christmas with them, then purchase another pair depending on their condition. She will only be wearing them for school or if we go somewhere that her "play" sneakers are not quite nice enough. Looking to spend 60.00 or less
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:32 AM
My kids love Nikes. You can get them for a decent price at Kohls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Sketchers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Thats what I was thinking too. Nikes or new balance. She really wants some sketchers twinkle toes and im going to get then for her simply because the poor kid has pretty much never had anything new and nice but imo those are not appropriate for everyday wear. Im assuming they probably won't last too long either.

Quoting Anonymous: My kids love Nikes. You can get them for a decent price at Kohls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:36 AM
She really wants those, the "twinkle toes" ones. I remember wearing sketchers as a kid, and that's what the "poor" kids wore. I was thinking they wouldn't last or hold up too well, but maybe I need to reevaluate on that

Quoting Anonymous:

Sketchers

soon2bmomof2grs
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Nike, Reebok's, ADIDAS... Name brands do last the longest. You can find them online, ebay or retail stores, or you can look at goodwill, we have a place called Gabrielle Brothers and they are cheaper there, Marshalls might carry them too. Payless or other shoe stores carry them and you can easily find them on clearance there. Also check you area on craigslist or a yardsale site, and keep looking at actual yard sells in your area, we have yard sale days in our area on October 4th.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Quoting Anonymous: She really wants those, the "twinkle toes" ones. I remember wearing sketchers as a kid, and that's what the "poor" kids wore. I was thinking they wouldn't last or hold up too well, but maybe I need to reevaluate on that
Quoting Anonymous:

Sketchers

I see a lot of kids wearing those I know my dd did as well when she was around that age. I guess I don't consider them cheap in any way. In fact I have went to wearing them myself. I like them they have lasted me for a whole year now.

New Balance are about the same as Sketchers and cost is about the same.

Buy her what she wants.

jjames0991
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I think any of the name brand ones are good.  I have found through they years though that the leather on Reeboks are a lillte more softer and scratch.  I know for me, Sketchers last forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:39 AM
My daughter had a pair of twinkle toes and converse as her 'casual' shoes. On non PE days at school (they had PE every other day), I let her wear them. On PE days, she wears her athletic shoes.

Quoting Anonymous: Thats what I was thinking too. Nikes or new balance. She really wants some sketchers twinkle toes and im going to get then for her simply because the poor kid has pretty much never had anything new and nice but imo those are not appropriate for everyday wear. Im assuming they probably won't last too long either.

Quoting Anonymous: My kids love Nikes. You can get them for a decent price at Kohls.
drowningmama
by vendetta on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:40 AM
I think it all depends on how your kid wears them. My one son drags his toe when he walks so they wear out super fast. Therefore I buy cheap shoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:42 AM
I deff want to buy her brand new. Poor kid has never really had anything new or nice in her life unless someone else bought it and even then sometimes her mom went and sold the new stuff. I plan on taking her to the mall tuesday and letting her pick a few pairs out to choose which 1 she wants but I want to make sure we look at good ones that will last. Then she can pick from those.

Quoting soon2bmomof2grs:

Nike, Reebok's, ADIDAS... Name brands do last the longest. You can find them online, ebay or retail stores, or you can look at goodwill, we have a place called Gabrielle Brothers and they are cheaper there, Marshalls might carry them too. Payless or other shoe stores carry them and you can easily find them on clearance there. Also check you area on craigslist or a yardsale site, and keep looking at actual yard sells in your area, we have yard sale days in our area on October 4th.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN