Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do children NEED siblings?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
I am upset dh wants to stop at one. There is no nogtiating. He is a great father. He says his age 48 my age 40 is too late. We had late. My heart aches when she wants us to play. I see siblings fighting but also have a strong bond. I think dd will end up resenting us. I would just try anyway but I feel a child should be wanted by both parents. I know he would love the child but end up hating me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:39 AM
You are too old to have more children, your husband is right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Bump
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

IMO, yes. Hugs and good luck to you. 

Zanny
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Adopt one 

RonaH
I don't know my daughter is perfectly happy being an only child She does have a ton of cousins though.
Kmary
1 mom liked this

Of course children don't need siblings.  Siblings are wonderful, don't get me wrong.  I myself have four and we're very close and it was a wonderful childhood.  But you know as well as I do that there are plenty of happy, stable only children who do NOT grow up to resent their parents.   

I completely understand your desire to have more children.  I have 3 and while I know for  certain we're  done I think there may always be a bit of an "ache" for  more.  I think for many women it's a natural feeling.  But I do think your dh may be right in your particular circumstances and there's no reason to rock your marriage with this issue.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:43 AM

You could always adopt, but I don't think you're too old to have another.  There are a number of women on this site that have had children when they were older than you.  What specifically are your husband's concerns?  Is it just your ages or is it something else too?

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:43 AM
It's not a need, but having only one wouldn't be something I would want. It wouldn't have been possible in fact since dh had two already when we married, lol.
But I am in a similar spot as you. We have 4 total now, I am 28, DH is 42 and thinks he is getting "too old" for more. He is ready to move on to the grandfather stage in the next few years possibly since his oldest is 16 and will likely be married in two years.
I want more. I feel I am not done having kids. I want at least two more. Which is what we discussed before marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:44 AM
If anything else adopt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)