Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Chiropractors: Do you think they're great or kind of hokey?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Does anyone have anything good to say about chiropractors? I think they're pretty hokey but my BFF spends money every week for hers to "align" her back.   Crap I say

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I used to be mildly pigeon toed as a kid and the chiropractor straightened me all up. I loved going there. It was a small little joint and since my mom went weekly they knew me through her. They loved me & it was fun :D

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png

StreetsAhead
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:46 AM
No, I have had great experience with them.
As part of a whole scheme of things I use.

I know it is complimentary medicine and the evidence behind it is limited but it has helped me to some regard
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:47 AM

My step father is a Chiropractor and has helped many people. What do you base your opinion on OP?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:48 AM
I loved my chiropractor. Haven't had that debilitating back pain since I saw him years ago.
Lifeisgneiss
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the placebo effect of chiros is super helpful. Do they actually 'fix' anything? Debatable 

Patti-Gee
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I worked for Chiropractors, and I said they were crap even while working for them, but I changed my tune once I hurt my back..

The best treatment for a headache is getting an adjustment, its feels so great afterward. 

dotsicle
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Chiropractors have helped me immensely most of my life. I don't go every week or month, but when I do go I feel the benefits by the following day.

Tgant731
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:50 AM

When I started having back problems, my dr told me he didn't trust chiropractors and thinks they are kind of nuts. He sent me to physical therapy instead.

mich2.0
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:50 AM

My close chiropractor friend cured me of my severe knee pain in like 2 visits. You should only be going 2-3 times a week for a short period of time before the visits space out. But how long that time is depends on the severity of the problem.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Amazing.
Mine eradicated my pregnancy-induced sciatica.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)