Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter and I had a fight that's ruining our vacation :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies
Were on a trip in Atlantic city with my sisters and brothers. All her cousins are over 21. My daughter is 19. They were planning on going to a club two nights ago. They said she could come cause they just mark her hand as underage, but I felt like that was a lie and they were gonna give her alcohol and use a fake id.

I told her I didn't want her to go, I didn't think it was safe or appropriate cause her cousins would all be drinking. She laughed and said she was going, what did I think she did at college? We basically got into a huge fight from there and I told her she wasn't going. When I got up to pee that night she wasn't there.

I don't think I have anything to apologize for wanting her to be safe. She clearly doesn't think she has anything to apologize for for leaving in the middle of the night. We're not speaking and it's ruining our trip. Does anyone have any advice? I don't want this to continue, but I'm not sorry for wanting her to be safe in an area she doesn't know, and I'm angry she snuck out in one.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Well..of course you want her to be safe but as a mom to an almost 18 yr old. They are technically adults. We ccan't control them forver.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this
She's wrong for sneaking out, but you had a major overreaction. She's 19 and old enough to go to a club and see people drinking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
She's 19 and in college. You need to trust her. Why take her to AC of all beaches if you didn't want the club scene. There are dry towns.
echoishername
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
She's an adult. Get over it and cut the cord.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM
I didn't pick the location, my sisters did.

Quoting Anonymous: She's 19 and in college. You need to trust her. Why take her to AC of all beaches if you didn't want the club scene. There are dry towns.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

While I would be pissed to snuck out. I would NOT let it ruin my vacation. You have probably saved and planned for this for far too long to let anything ruin it. start enjoying whats left of it. Talk to her and let it go. When vacation is over and you are at home then talk to her. explain what she does while away at college you can not control. That you are disappointed in her for not respecting you and your rules.

bdward2007
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:12 AM
She's 19 and that means she is an adult who gets to make her own decisions.
zombieskayer
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:13 AM

It's not as easy to sneak drinks at their clubs as you think it is.. I got kicked out once because my cousins snucked me drinks. Most clubs have a seperate area that you can't even get into without being 21. 

Side note: I'm going to Atlantic City in a few hours.. haha

lucyblue202
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:13 AM
I understand your concern for her safety and your frustration at her leaving, but ultimately at her age she is now an adult and I think you need to give her some more trust and freedom.
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN