Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

New teacher here: What is the best classroom you've seen?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

Hey everyone! I am a new teacher that starts my very first year teaching in August. I will be teaching 6th grade Math with one class being Gifted & Talented.  I am wanting to know what some of the best teachers and classrooms you have seen included. What kind of reward systems were in place? What other ideas have you seen that worked for your student? Whay awesome decor have you seen? I believe the first impression is huge for kids. My classroom, and how it looks, shows the students how invested I am in them. So, even if what you saw was in a Kindergarden class, if you think it could translate to 6th Grade Math, please let me know.

I am not interested in anything huge because my classroom is pretty small, so no treehouses or anything like that over the top, lol. 

I have about $1000 set back to decorate and buy supplies, plus my school is giving me $75 (hey, its something!), so lets here it!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Aidansmommy0615
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:44 PM
I teach kindergarten (11years this school year). I find tons of fun ideas on Pinterest. From decor, to reward systems, to back to school activities. Teacher pay teachers is a great site for thematic units/standards posters/supplemental sheets for a fee and some free. Good luck during your first year =)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)