Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did I miss the memo? Vaping *ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
That said that vaping is okay to do every where is okay? Last night we went to our favorite coffee shop and there was a guy in the corner with his vapor thing smoking away, we thought okay. It's a coffee shop, hipsters.

Today, we had to run to Macy's before a birthday party and there was a couple walking smoking their vapor things.... Um okay.. What the heck, but okay....

We get to the party... At a gymnastic place... There is a grandpa vaping! I just about lost it! I know it doesn't smell!i really don't know all the health effects but when did it become this huge thing that its so okay to do this in public places inside!

Someone please explain this to me?!

-------I want to add that I do understand Vapping, Vaping (or however it is spelled)helps many people quit smoking. Great! My complaint is that some people, are vaping in public places with alot of people or small children. For example, movie theaters, inside malls, shopping centers, inside children party areas! That is where I am having a problem! The fact that i was a at coffee shop and a guy was vaping i was not upset, I expect something like that! I will remove my children from the situation. BUT a guy in a gymnastic place puffing away on his vapor thing at a kids birthday party is RUDE! And im sorry every time there was a HUGE puff of smoke my 4 year old would stop in amazement and say mommy that man is on fire! I think he needs water!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamanon
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Let me try to explain.  First though you will have to explain to me what vaping is?

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Not everywhere.

We almost got kicked out of a movie theater because of people pitching a bitch fit about DH and our friend vaping, and the manager at Red Lobster told us, rather rudely, that due to a recent 'memo', that vaping was no longer allowed in their reasturants.

Shadowed_Star
by Neko❤Wolf on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:05 PM
I dont know. I think some people are just assbutts that dont think about others.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting LokisMama:

Not everywhere.

We almost got kicked out of a movie theater because of people pitching a bitch fit about DH and our friend vaping, and the manager at Red Lobster told us, rather rudely, that due to a recent 'memo', that vaping was no longer allowed in their reasturants.

As it should be.

If people have nicotine in their ecig the vapor they exhale still has nicotine.

catngabsmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it looks ridiculous and there are some that smell atrocious!!! I smoke, my friends vape, and then they try to do it in my house because it's not a cigarette. Ummm, it still stinks and if I don't smoke in my home, what makes you think you can!!! And the people walking through the mall or at family/child oriented places, ummm, it's still a smoking paraphernalia typed item, go back outside with it!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:06 PM
That electronic cigarette thing

Quoting iamanon:

Let me try to explain.  First though you will have to explain to me what vaping is?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:08 PM
,It has helped my cousin stop smoking and i am glad she has, but dang. I have seen people smoking these things EVERYWHERE,I wouldn't want anyone to be rude though telling someone to leave. Just to put it up. If you can't smoke inside why can you smoke that inside? I don't understand?

Quoting LokisMama:

Not everywhere.

brokenmelody
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:08 PM
I only vape in my car, outside, or my home. I don't use nicotine in my juice and the only smell from it is usually a faint cheesecake smell. That being said, I would never do it inside a business or in a friends home without asking. It seems like bad manners.
MommyOfOne2710
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:09 PM
I hate those things. People used to do it at my old job and they usually smelled. They've already proven there are health risks associated with vaping. I don't think it should be inside, just like cigarettes.
iamanon
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:09 PM

OH.  I've never seen anyone doing that around here in any store or on any street or anywhere at all actually.  Must be a big city thang!

Quoting Anonymous: That electronic cigarette thing
Quoting iamanon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN