Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe parents buy their kids Monster High Dolls..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Or anything from that creepy, gothic, evil show movie thing. All I know is it is very dark and just not something I'd want my daughter looking at as a model or even a cool toy. I also notice a lot are dressed inappropriate, like barely dressed or wearing fishnets that wouldn't actually cover anything. I just find it weird. I wouldn't buy my daughter zombies dripping skin or huge guns either.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Replies (531-534):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:39 PM

That IS crazy!  I remember someone telling me that they thought Walt Disney was evil.  Crazy!  People seriously need to have a reality check!

Quoting witchqueen:

I remember my pastor brother-in-law banning Smurfs from his house and throwing away my neice and nephew's collection of them.  Why?  Because blue skin and black lips are "satanic".  I just wanted to scream "Hey, idiot, black lips mean its a CARTOON!" Anybody remember the Tiggy-Winky brou-ha-ha from a decade or so ago?  If it doesn't exist, over-the-top, frothing-at-the-mouth christos will create it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, for crying out loud!  The next thing you know, some crazy parent(s) is going to say that if you buy your kid this or that, they will turn into some serial killer!

Educate your kids, educate yourself and be sure you don't judge or point the finger or tell other parents how to raise and discipline their own kids.  Otherwise, mind your own frickin' business!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

That IS crazy!  I remember someone telling me that they thought Walt Disney was evil.  Crazy!  People seriously need to have a reality check!

Quoting witchqueen:

I remember my pastor brother-in-law banning Smurfs from his house and throwing away my neice and nephew's collection of them.  Why?  Because blue skin and black lips are "satanic".  I just wanted to scream "Hey, idiot, black lips mean its a CARTOON!" Anybody remember the Tiggy-Winky brou-ha-ha from a decade or so ago?  If it doesn't exist, over-the-top, frothing-at-the-mouth christos will create it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, for crying out loud!  The next thing you know, some crazy parent(s) is going to say that if you buy your kid this or that, they will turn into some serial killer!

Educate your kids, educate yourself and be sure you don't judge or point the finger or tell other parents how to raise and discipline their own kids.  Otherwise, mind your own frickin' business!

Walt Disney IS evil, the ones who need the reallity check are those who are unaware of this.

A veritable wolf in sheep's clothing.

andrea.jordan
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM
omg how ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Sorry, I had to butt in here. Do you really think that if a parent decides not to allow a certain type of doll in their house, that  their daughter will turn into a "slut" or whore"?? It's called parenting people. You can decide to be more conservative or more liberal about what you would like your kids to play with. A good parent will usually wind up with a good kid. A doll doesn't make or break whether or not your daughter becomes a slut. The fact that you said that your daughter turned out so well because you let her play with a certain doll is also insane, and selling yourself short as a parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, my reasoning is NOT insane.  And, while I don't know your dd personally, it sounds like she is compliant in that you can reason with her better than a child who is strong-willed and no matter what you do, saying NO, won't work.  Which exactly describes my own dd.  Very strong-willed, very independent and very smart.  The reason she has turned out SO well is that I didn't say NO to her requests for a Brat doll or a Barbie doll.  I instead became aware and educated about WHY she wanted those dolls so bad.  She did go through a big of a Goth phase for a little while but grew out of that.  The reason for that phase was several of her ex-gal friends were all dressing like little "whores" because their Mamas always said NO to everything(according to my dd)or, they themselves dressed skanky and cheap so of course, they were modeling Mama.  My dd's reasoning about dressing Goth was so those girls would leave her alone.  They were bothering her about losing her virginity, getting high and drunk, etc.  It worked.  We moved to a much nicer town and her new friends are clean cut and good students.  She's too old for the Monster Hi dolls but if she wasn't, I wouldn't say NO to her having one.  I would instead become educated about WHY she wants one so bad.  Plus, she's a kid.  Kids go through phases.  Your dd will.  Hopefully, she will continue to go along with your suggestions.  I was like your dd.  My mom didn't have a problem with me, either because I was compliant.  My sister was the opposite.  You have to do what works.  And--I do know what I am saying because I am a teacher and have taken many classes in Psychology; mainly educational and child psychology classes.

Quoting Anonymous: That's ridiculous. My kid is four. She has a short attention span. She wanted a doll I said no a year ago I bought her another one that I feel is more appropriate and she hasn't asked since. Why? Because she's a preschooler and everything is cool to her at this age. She doesn't go to friends houses yet. You know the last thing she asked for? A Calliou doll. Telling me that raising my daughter slowly and teaching her that we do not support certain body ideals will not make her a whore. And not every kid is going to jump at what their parents say no to especially a very small child. Your whole argument is insane. I know my daughter.. you do not.
Quoting Anonymous:

Your dd is just going to become a whore/slut because Mommy says NO to every doll on a toy shop shelf.  Meaning, she will want that toy all the more so, when she is at one of her friend's house, she will play with their dolls.  She will hide slutty clothing and dark make-up in her bookbag and dress in the school bathroom like a whore.  She will hang around other girls that look no less than a whore.  All because Mama said NO! 

Educate yourself and educate your dd.  Talk to her about these dolls.  Ask her what she likes about them.  Then, tell her what you don't like about them and why.  Tell her that intelligent, educated women don't dress like this.

Watch "Pretty Woman" with her.  Tell her that not all whores end up like Julia Roberts did.

Know that your dd is not going to be a Disney Princess for long.  And--if you keep saying NO, she won't look like a little lady you can be proud of.

Quoting Anonymous: I haven't purchased one yet. My daughters friends have them. For me it's the slutty outfits and the unhealthy body proportions that have kept me from buying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)