Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't care how you feel about abortion, this is BS!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 234 Replies
6 moms liked this

And acquaintance of mine owned a couple of women's health clinics.

They did annual exams, prenatal care, birth control and yes abortions.

Their clients were low income. The only part of the business that made money was the abortions. The income from that funded the clinic and they were able to provide a much higher level of care than they could have otherwise.

Yes, the owner made a decent living from it. But she could have made much more if her main goal was profits. She wanted quality medical care to be available to low income women. That includes safe, legal abortions.

Over the years her clinics were picketed, vandalized, and even bombed at night when no one was there. She took it all in stride and understood it came with the territory.

We lost touch with her a couple of years ago. We just looked her up today and found out she was forced to move several times and finally ended giving up her clinics because of the constant harassment of protesters. But they weren't protesting at the clinic, they were protesting at her home. They picketed her home and passed out fliers to her neighbors calling her a murderer. They confronted her children and told them she murdered babies and gave them pictures of aborted fetuses.

She had several people arrested on her property over the course of a year. But there was nothing that would stop the harassment.

So her clinics are closed because she couldn't put her family at risk.

WTF does this accomplish?

I understand people who are pro life trying to convince people not to have abortions. But what does it accomplish to harass someone and force them to close a clinic. PEOPLE STILL GET ABORTIONS! They just aren't legal or safe any more.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tattedmommy730
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:55 PM
8 moms liked this
All they are doing is making shit worse. They need to grow up
Pinkmommy0211
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:55 PM
4 moms liked this
She knew it came with the job.

I don't feel sorry for her.
my.sonshine
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:55 PM
11 moms liked this
you can protest without breaking the law. thats ridiculous. whats sad is most prolifers throw around religion then act shamelessly. im sorry for what she went through.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
While I don't agree with the situation. I bet there are less people getting abortions now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:57 PM
14 moms liked this

Quoting Pinkmommy0211: She knew it came with the job. I don't feel sorry for her.

She owned clinics for decades and never had any issues at her home.

Being harassed at the work came with the territory. Following someone home and spending a year making their life a living hell doesn't come with the territory.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this
They think their scare tactics will stop abortions but we all know it isn't true.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Quoting my.sonshine: you can protest without breaking the law. thats ridiculous. whats sad is most prolifers through around religion then act shamelessly. im sorry for what she went through.

THROW

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope! Neither do I!

Quoting Pinkmommy0211: She knew it came with the job.

mommy211983
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I hate this shit. I have come across so many cruel and angry "pro lifers". This stuff makes me sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:59 PM
9 moms liked this
So if someone did this to soldiers because they don't agree with war, you'd say the same thing?

Quoting Pinkmommy0211: She knew it came with the job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)