Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dad and dh are sorely mistaken

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies
1 mom liked this
We've planned a family camping trip. My dh, our 3 kids me, my dad, stepmom, their 4 kids, my sister and her 3 kids.

We've reserved the sites and were just hashing out last minute details. My stepmom decides she can't go because her daughter was just admitted to the hospital and my sister can't go because she was scheduled to work the weekend we're going. My dad says that's okay we'll take the kids anyway. My dh says that I can watch them in the pool and on the playground while him and my dad go fishing.....all day....both days we're going.

They want to leave me with ten kids in a pool while they go relax and fish for the whole day. The kids are 16,13,12,10,10,7,6,3,3 and almost 2. Ummm no. That's not happening.

My dad had no clue why I told him we need to figure something else out. Like they take some kids and I take some kids then we trade off every few hours. Usually my dh is not this stupid.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this

lol just you just love sitting around doing nothing while the men have all the fun

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
You are right, it should be a shared responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Ah. I would go with the kids and let my dh and dad go fish.

I could have a day to myself another day. "Shrugs" I chose not to be petty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I could maybe understand 1 day for a few hours and I get the 16yr old to help but no way both days for the whole day.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:02 PM
24 moms liked this

It isn't even remotely safe for one adult to watch that many kids with 3 of them being 3 and under in a pool. Get a clue genius.

Quoting Anonymous: Ah. I would go with the kids and let my dh and dad go fish. I could have a day to myself another day. "Shrugs" I chose not to be petty.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:03 PM
4 moms liked this

Even if the 16, 13 and 12 year olds are good helpers that's too many kids for too long of a time. 

BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Yeah NO! Not only is that fucked up and very unfair, but it's not safe to have a 10:1 ratio in a POOL.

Hilary799
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM
That's a lot of kids for one person for 2 full days. Even if there are older ones, they are going to want to do their own thing, not just help babysit. Your Dh needs a knock on the noggin. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:05 PM

bump

my.sonshine
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:06 PM
got to love men.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN