Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How soon do people sleep with new partners nowadays? Jeez.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies
My dd is 24 and recently broke up with her boyfriend of 5 years. She hasn't really dated at all until now. She met a guy 4weeks ago and has been on 6 dates with him.

Her and I are going to a baby shower tomorrow. She was supposed to sleep here tonight. She just texted me "hey mom, date is going well! I'm gonna sleep in ****** tonight, but I'll be over at 10 tomorrow to get ready". I'm 99% sure the starred out part is his neighborhood.

Two things:
1) she told me she's sleeping with her new guy, who as far as I know she isn't calling her boyfriend?
2) isn't 4 weeks of knowing someone really really soon to start sleeping with them? In my time that was unheard of and frankly slutty.

I know dd and I disagree on a lot and I don't wanna upset her AT ALL. Am I unreasonable in my thinking this is weird or not a good idea? I don't know what the dating game nowadays is...ladies, help?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I slept with SO the first night I met him, lol. We've been together for over 7 years now :)
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:37 PM

DH & I slept together on the 1st night and well,  over 23 years later, we're still sleeping together..... just have to hope she's being safe 

jessyroos
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM
3 moms liked this
My personal opinion is that as long as people are being safe, they should sleep with a new partner whenever they like and feel ready. For some that may be the first night, others the 5th date, others after the wedding.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am far from young.  I am 42yrs old and have been married going on 17yrs and slept with my husband after knowing him 48hrs and slept in his bed the same night we met. 

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Depends when a free stall is available and after 5 drinks, if he looks good enough, off we go.
No pussy wants what the pussy wants!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM
3 moms liked this

7 years and still not married??  Why buy the cow when the milk is free, eh?

Quoting Anonymous: I slept with SO the first night I met him, lol. We've been together for over 7 years now :)

KTU
by Kim on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM
I slept with my husband after we had been dating for a month or so, but I've known him most of my life.
KRIZZ25
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
now days its just about sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's slutty and I hope my DD will not go that route.  I'm sorry mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:42 PM
We waited a few months
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN