Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My CPS story

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 181 Replies
55 moms liked this

CPS got called in October. The initial call was not true. A neighbor said he saw me push my ds down a flight of stairs (he is a known caller and mentally ill).

Well they came out and my house was HORRIBLE. I admitt it. I had been in the throws of depression for a long time and had just given up. They told me to clean it up. I did some. They came back and deemed I needed services.

BEST THING EVER. The caseworker has been amazing. She realized what was going on. She got me into counseling. I got on meds. The house got cleaned up.

I thought I was fixed. I went off the meds. Things went back to the way they were before. Again she tried to get me to go to counseling. Things go better, then worse. 

She then put in place a program called IIS. Intensive In-home Services. I had to meet with a caseworker every day M-F 2 hours a day for 6 weeks in the home. Not only did she help me see that my idea of clean wasn't CLEAN, she helped me see the reasons for WHY I couldn't/didn't keep things clean. The ghosts in my head that kept me in the pattern I was in.

That ended in March. I am happy to announce that my house has stayed clean. I am a MUCH better parent. I am on meds and now know that doesn't mean I am weak.

If my orginal caseworker hadn't fought for me. If I had continued.. well I either wouldn't be here or my kids would have been taken, and rightly so.

I am posting this just to say CPS isn't always evil. They do good. And I am thankful that they came in and helped me help myself and my kids. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:42 PM
4 moms liked this
I grew up in foster care so let me tell you, You got so lucky I'm happy that you are doing better, good for you in turning yourself around. There are a lot of moms and dads that give up and don't fight to get their kids back (mine never did) my mom just had more kids. Good job
coffeeLover8
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I admit that I will never understand people not having a clean home. I am a bit excessive and obsessive with my cleaning but basic cleaning is a must. I am glad that you got help. I'm glad that you found the way. But I still don't understand it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree that cps isn't evil. I have seen nothing but case workers that truly care about the children and want the best for them. I have also only met other foster parents that treat their foster kids like family. I don't know where all these women with terrible experiences with cps live.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Thank you. 

Quoting Anonymous: I grew up in foster care so let me tell you, You got so lucky I'm happy that you are doing better, good for you in turning yourself around. There are a lot of moms and dads that give up and don't fight to get their kids back (mine never did) my mom just had more kids. Good job

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I just didn't care. I couldn't get past my head and the feelings I had to care. I didn't grow up that way. I just got in such a depression that it didn't matter.

Quoting coffeeLover8: I admit that I will never understand people not having a clean home. I am a bit excessive and obsessive with my cleaning but basic cleaning is a must. I am glad that you got help. I'm glad that you found the way. But I still don't understand it.

Mak33012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Glad you had a positive experience and that it improved your lives. Thank you for sharing your story. I hope things continue to go well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I feel that a lot of them don't realize their faults. I admit at first I felt angry they were involved. I love my kids. I don't abuse them. They are happy and healthy. Then I realized that there is so much more than that and they deserve more than I had been giving them.

Quoting Anonymous: I agree that cps isn't evil. I have seen nothing but case workers that truly care about the children and want the best for them. I have also only met other foster parents that treat their foster kids like family. I don't know where all these women with terrible experiences with cps live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Excuses excuses. Your kid deserved a clean home from the start
Pinkmommy0211
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Then you get case workers like my,neighbors have who say

"Unless one gets kidnapped, or hit by a cat we will not take the kids."

Mind you the mother sleeps all day long, allows the youngest run the middle of the street, well the youngest girl who is 6. The kids are allowed to ride a bike with a helmet, the law here is age of 12. The kids are allowed to roam the town all they want. And the kids barely have a room to sleep in.

Quoting Anonymous: I agree that cps isn't evil. I have seen nothing but case workers that truly care about the children and want the best for them. I have also only met other foster parents that treat their foster kids like family. I don't know where all these women with terrible experiences with cps live.
coffeeLover8
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think that you're bad. I know that depression is rough. Keep your head up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just didn't care. I couldn't get past my head and the feelings I had to care. I didn't grow up that way. I just got in such a depression that it didn't matter.

Quoting coffeeLover8: I admit that I will never understand people not having a clean home. I am a bit excessive and obsessive with my cleaning but basic cleaning is a must. I am glad that you got help. I'm glad that you found the way. But I still don't understand it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)