Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom he just ate stfu already

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I sent my mom 3 pics of my 1m/o ds, imediately after he started whining and sucking his fingers I'd just fed him after I put dd to bed (she's 4).

Before that he had 3 oz at 9p and 3 after I put dd to bed now he is eating another 3oz. I told my mom she insisted I feed him again. I text back he just ate her response so.......wtf that's 9oz with one break to change his diaper.

Granted he weighs more than dd but that doesn't mean he can eat nonstop until he falls asleep. He does this sometimes at night, sleeps for 4 hrs and is back up for another bottle.

Idk what to do, should I talk to his doc and ask if they'll let me start him on rice cereal? He's already 8lbs and weighed 7lbs 10oz at birth.

Help
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajdahd13
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:25 AM
He could be hitting a growth spurt. But remember, babies don't cry only when they're hungry. It's very possible he's gassy. A lot of babies will act like they're hungry, and in reality they're gassy and will take a bottle, but then that just makes it worse.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:25 AM
He's a newborn. Feed him on demand. This is what they do. They eat, sleep, poop, eat, sleep, poop.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Eta I see you're formula feeding. I don't know anything about that. Good luck.
petitekatie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Hes a month old. Why do you want to fill his tummy with crap? Non nutritional Crap at that...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM
I'm not sure about formula. But bf they encourage you to feed them on demand. As much as they want.

I Would not do rice at that age period though.
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Let you? Well you don't need permission, but a one month old doesn't need rice cereal either.
maminka-4
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Growth spurt! Don't you just love those! Happen so often the first year. Feels like all they do is eat, sleep, and poop!

Don't start rice cereal. No real nutrition. Just fillers. His tummy just needs formula or breast milk till he is over 6 mos. Then you can start oatmeal or go straight to fruit and veggie purees.

ba13ygrl1987
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:31 AM
He may just want to suck, sucking is a comfort mechanism for babies. He also could have an upset stomach, or he genuinely could be hungry. You really shouldn't deny a 1 month old food. And they will eat every 2-3 hours, if not more. There's nothing wrong, he's just growing.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Also rice cereal shouldn't be given till 6 months minimum. Barring a medical need.
DoofusAloofus
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:32 AM

No on rice cereal at one month old, wtf? You have another kid already? Just feed on demand..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)