Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm the bad guy because I don't claim them

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I guess I'm the freaking bad guy here because I don't claim my husband's grandchildren. None of them. Ok my husband is 25 years older than I am. I married him not his children. He has 5 children who are around my age give or take a few years. Anyways, his grandchildren are not "my grandchildren." I'm not their grandmother. I wish he would stop trying to force me to acknowledge them as something they are nothing to me. Every time they are around me, they call me GB. I correct them all the time about this. I've expressed that they should address me as my name. Nothing else. I'm fucking 28 years old. I don't need them to call me that. They have grandmothers biologically. Geez. I'm tired getting looked at and fighting about it with my husband.

Also they try to call my son, who by the way is the same age maybe a month younger than the oldest grandchildren, Uncle. Don't confuse my kid. It's  bullshit that I have to correct them every single time. You would think that after the first time they would learn.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Replies (421-421):
mo75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Time to grow up & deal with it. I think it's funny that his children are adult enough to accept you as a grandma to their children. You're choices put you in this position. Deal with it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN