Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A student accused me of something that just floored me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

This happened a while ago, but every once in a while, it crosses my mind. I am probably one of the most tolerant people that you will ever meet, but this rubbed me the wrong way. I was not only upset with the student, but the teacher that indulged in the behavior.

I covered another teachers class, high school juniors. About twelve students stood by the door, waiting for the bell to ring. The first bell is for seniors, the second bell for everyone else. The first bell rang and they all glanced over at me and started to leave. I called out, "if you leave, you will get detention." They all scooted out anyway, leaving behind a few students that listened to me. I wrote them up, every one of them. They were disrespectful to me and I won't stand for that.

Of course, they were all very angry at me the next day when they were called to the discipline office. Later that day, I got a call from a teacher. She is a nice person, but the kids run all over her. She said that one of the girls that I wrote up was with her and was very upset that I wrote her up, she didn't hear me say not to leave (funny, if she didn't hear me, how did she know I said it?) The last part made steam come out of my ears. The teacher said, "I have **** here with me, she feels as though you wrote her up just because she is black. I thought maybe you could speak to the office and let it go this time" I said, "I wrote up ten children, 8 of them were white. Why did I write them up? I will tell you why, the same reason I wrote her up, they walked out on me." She then stumbled over her words because she was all set to be this kid's hero. She didn't know what to say. I told her to kindly send any child with a problem with me to me to speak to me or at least have the courtesy to speak to me without the kid sitting there. She served detention just like everyone else. By all means, stand up for any kid that you think has been mistreated, but this was absurd. The teacher knew me, she knew I would never do such a thing, how much I can't stand bigots.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Smh....I've got nothing

I wasn't exactly the best kid in school. I was always in trouble and didn't listen to anybody. It's amazing I made it out lol.
JoanahLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:41 AM

I would imagine the problem is not that she is a bigot, just that she is a bit spineless with the students.  That student was in her office there with her and she did not know how to balls up to her about it and tell her that she got written up for being a little shit, so she passed the buck to you.  I think if the girl really thought she got written up just because she was black then she needed to hear exactly what you said, and if she knew thats not why she got written up but was throwing that out there because it's gotten her out of trouble before then she doubly needed to hear what you had to say.  Maybe the teacher will learn something too. 

R00k
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:44 AM
I agree with the opinion that the teacher is a coward.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Lol, it happens, good for you for not backing down.
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Yeah that's fucked up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:48 AM
But only white people are racist smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Makes me glad I didn't become a teacher and work my butt all day in a factory. That kid, regardless of skin pigment, would have lost her job if she walked off early. She is lucky to have a person to punish her now instead of going through life crappy later. That teacher needs to realize she is showing this kid how to play a card that shouldn't be brought up unless completely proven true!
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:49 AM

I have had the card pulled on me before at work.  I was like, what?  You didn't just say that to ME?  EVERYONE who has ever worked with me longer than ten minutes knows that I won't tolerate discrimination to ANYONE at all.  IDGAF what color your skin is, do the the work and we won't have a problem.  Don't try to use that card on me.

amberlyp
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:51 AM
That teacher is insane
GhettoKoolAide
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:53 AM
I would've gathered some horrible slave stories and made her read them right then and their.

Then I would've told her to have some respect and that she got in trouble because she chose not to listen.

To accept her part in it and not try and blame someone else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)