Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hahaha I can't get over this picture of our turtle! So cute!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:11 AM
  • 6 Replies

Okay, he's not REALLY our turtle. He just wondered into our yard two months back and, even though he has the ability to leave (big space under our gate, that he always crawls under to go eat the bugs that are always dead out front early in the morning), he doesn't. He sticks around the house, eats bugs, and makes our home feel whole again after having to put our dog to sleep last year. 

However, I named him Frankie. And I caught him playing in a puddle of water on the back porch after dd and I rinsed off our feet with the water hose...his face...pure joy. 

We don't bother him, he stays outside free to roam and can leave when he wishes, and it gives me a good opportunity to teach dd not to touch wild animals, which I think she's starting to grasp the concept =) 

Have you ever had a wild animal make your yard it's home?

How about anything not adorable, like an infestation? Just curious =) sometimes wild animals moving in can be cute, like Frankie, but then some can be gross/scary like mice or roaches.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
R00k
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:13 AM
I had a finch & a cardinal come into my garage door and visit me every day, and a frog that would come to the same door every night. I miss them. They were all three like clockwork, and they made me feel a little like a Disney princess, not even going to lie.
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:16 AM
I had tortoises growing up. They were awesome. Disappeared one winter after many years. We had coyotes cruising the neighborhood and had no fear of humans. That was scary because my kids were small. Ds2 still is. We had scorpions in the yard. Exterminator took care of that problem. We also had a gopher snake and no one would let me keep it.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Neighbor kids had a turtle out when we were on a walk.

I asked my two yr old what it was and he said...,"Wow!!! A chicken!!"

I thought the neighbor kids were gonna need oxygen to recover from that one.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Cute!

I woke up one morning when I was 7 to my father telling me to come outside. He had picked up about 100 baby turtles in a plastic kiddie pool on his paper route. Someone had just ditched them on the side of the road in the pool.

They were cute but way too many. Turned me off of turtles after that.
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:21 AM
I too have a little wood turtle in my garden. He came in one day and never left.

There is a cardinal that visits our yard daily. This year he finally found a mate and they nested in our tree.

I had a pair of house wrens make a nest in my dryervent. Sadly I had to move the nest and they never came back. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:22 AM

I've had lots of visitors, but nothing stayed except for things that died lol.  Wait, there are some frogs that I've been seeing every day lately so I guess they count.  I have 4 hummingbirds and other wild birds that I feed and some I've seen in trees near my house but I don't guess those count.  I get a lot of moths, butterflies and gross bugs but again, they either die or leave and come back later.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN