Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you spank your kids out in public, what are you doing behind closed doors!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
3 moms liked this

I don't get this question. Yes I have spanked my kids. Not often but a few times. No I don't see it as "hitting" or "abuse". To me that would be actually beating my kids up. I have seen/read/heard people say " if she spanks her kids here, what must be going on at home". Well obviously I can't speak for someone else, but for me the same thing you see. Now I have to admit I have never actually spanked my kids straight out in public because I have never had to. My kids have never given me a reason to spank them in public. They are sweet delightful kids most the time so there is not really much of a reason to discipline them at all. But if I had, that's my answer. Why would you think something else is going on if you see a parent spank their child. No maybe its not right to publicly shame your child. But some don't think its a big deal to spank their kids. To me all I hear is a bunch of irrational, incapable of thinking past their noses, busy body women with nothing more to do than create drama for themselves. Just because you personally don't think its an acceptable form of raising your kids, you think you should have a say on how everyone else raises theirs. My second question, what makes you think you are the end all be all on parental figures? Some how, you obtained the notion that what you think is golden should be set in stone. So where did all this over inflated sense of self start? And this question goes for anyone, spankers and non-spankers a like, who think they should have a say on how people raise their children. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajdahd13
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:34 AM
4 moms liked this
Spanking is a never ending battle on CM. In real life, I've never even met someone who is against spanking. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:45 AM

I haven't met many. But apparently they are out there and they got a hold of my cousin lol. She was spanked as a child as were we all. She has spanked her eldest, but now she has gone the complete other direction and is anti-spanking now and anti everything else. Which is fine. No issue with that, but its her highly judgmental attitude that came with it that is really sickening and I can no longer stand going out with her. Like last week we took our kids to the zoo on a play date with a few other moms, and all I heard from her is judgy mcjudgerson. It was like I was hearing CM come out her mouth lol. I think all this came about when she started to go to another parenting website.  All I hear now is " you fail as a parent.. this" and " you fail as a parent.. that". I have met some moms like this in other play groups. I just stopped going. I mean I would agree to some of what they said, but to call someone a bad parent for such little things if overboard imo. I never really thought much of it before but its like its becoming a pandemic now and its disgusting. I mean there are a lot of things I don't agree with, but I keep it to myself and think.. " well I personally wouldn't go that way". 

Quoting ajdahd13: Spanking is a never ending battle on CM. In real life, I've never even met someone who is against spanking. Lol

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I've met a few IRL. Not a one of them parents...
Lol

I'm not against spanking in general. I don't spank personally though.

Quoting ajdahd13: Spanking is a never ending battle on CM. In real life, I've never even met someone who is against spanking. Lol
lonelymoon
by Kahla on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I parent my kids the same no matter where I'm at. I don't care who is watching.
Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:52 AM
This

Quoting lonelymoon: I parent my kids the same no matter where I'm at. I don't care who is watching.
ajdahd13
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:56 AM
Yeah I couldn't be around someone like that. I fully respect other parents and their choices, but I do expect that same respect in return.

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't met many. But apparently they are out there and they got a hold of my cousin lol. She was spanked as a child as were we all. She has spanked her eldest, but now she has gone the complete other direction and is anti-spanking now and anti everything else. Which is fine. No issue with that, but its her highly judgmental attitude that came with it that is really sickening and I can no longer stand going out with her. Like last week we took our kids to the zoo on a play date with a few other moms, and all I heard from her is judgy mcjudgerson. It was like I was hearing CM come out her mouth lol. I think all this came about when she started to go to another parenting website.  All I hear now is " you fail as a parent.. this" and " you fail as a parent.. that". I have met some moms like this in other play groups. I just stopped going. I mean I would agree to some of what they said, but to call someone a bad parent for such little things if overboard imo. I never really thought much of it before but its like its becoming a pandemic now and its disgusting. I mean there are a lot of things I don't agree with, but I keep it to myself and think.. " well I personally wouldn't go that way". 

liza44
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM
I don't spank either looks like we have something in common.... Best friend

Quoting Momniscient: I've met a few IRL. Not a one of them parents...
Lol

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:02 AM
Now this made me laugh.

Wanna get friendship bracelets?

Quoting liza44: I don't spank either looks like we have something in common.... Best friend

Quoting Momniscient: I've met a few IRL. Not a one of them parents...
Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:03 AM
Same here. Hell, my friends and family even give my kids (and each others kids) a whap on the bottom if they need to. They do it on top of clothes though, whereas I'll do the bare thigh or bottom. But we're all intelligent enough to know the difference between a spanking and a beating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:03 AM
We just started soaking and only do it when it's the last resort
But my husband always threatens our son in public and it's so embarrassing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN