Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This governor is awesome

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
at least in this regard.

BOISE - Idaho Gov. Butch Otter fired off to top federal officials Wednesday declaring that he wants “to immediately eliminate the chance of the federal government using Idaho as a destination or a staging area for the influx of unaccompanied and illegal immigrants entering the United States through our southern border.”

Idaho - which borders Canada, not Mexico – had not been targeted for any such use. But Otter’s spokesman said, “The governor felt it was important to act preemptively.”

“It should be understood that the State of Idaho and its subdivisions will not be actively involved in addressing the humanitarian crisis the federal government has created,” Otter wrote. “Idaho will not open itself to the unwelcome challenges with which other states have struggled at the federal government’s hands.”
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:50 AM

And yet Obama and his administration will see that as a challenge and unilaterally decide to drop thousands of those illegals at your bus stops, and in your schools.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:51 AM
I don't find anything awesome about not being asked to be a humanitarian but deciding to stand up and yell that you aren't going to be a humanitarian anyway just in case someone was paying attention.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:53 AM
Well they don't appear to be asking anyone, in any state, if they want to be or not.

Quoting Momniscient: I don't find anything awesome about not being asked to be a humanitarian but deciding to stand up and yell that you aren't going to be a humanitarian anyway just in case someone was paying attention.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:56 AM
Well the city didn't appear to ask me if they could put a shelter in so I uess I better go down on Monday and give them my strongly worded letter that I will not be a humanitarian.

Quoting Anonymous: Well they don't appear to be asking anyone, in any state, if they want to be or not.
Quoting Momniscient: I don't find anything awesome about not being asked to be a humanitarian but deciding to stand up and yell that you aren't going to be a humanitarian anyway just in case someone was paying attention.
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:57 AM
I live in Idaho.
The Governor is an ass.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN