Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help feed my family for a week

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I'm not asking for groceries,simply asking for recipes or ideas on what to make. Basically I'm looking for healthy and somewhat quick/easy meal and snack ideas
I'm a little burnt out on food .So I'm hoping some new recipes might help...Thanks,ladies.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:25 AM
Pinterest ;)
megan71108
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:25 AM
Bump
petitekatie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:26 AM
Bump!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:27 AM

Quoting megan71108: Bump
beans13
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:17 AM
One of our family faves:

We call it "Get Down". Lol, no idea why. But they will ask for it by that name.

Brown and drain ground beef, add some steak seasoning, garlic powder, Worcestshire sauce and quite a bit of soya sauce to the meat and keep warm.

In a large pot sauté some chopped onions, when almost soft add some chopped garlic.

Add the meat, combine and cover with beef broth and simmer until about 2/3 of the broth is gone.

I add frozen corn and peas at this point and cook for a couple more minutes. Don't overlook the veg.

Serve over rice.

Delicious with a little Siracha Sauce.

If you make enough of the meat you can use the leftovers and make shepherd's pie. I did that last week.
beans13
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:21 AM
A delicious side to chicken, steak, pork etc....

Slice potatoes into 1/4" thick slices, slice onions into thin rings. Place on foil, add s&p, olive oil, a little butter and a bit of garlic powder.

Fold into packets, may need to a couple pieces of foil. Poke a few holes for steam to escape.

Cook on the grill or in the oven until potatoes tender.
beans13
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:25 AM
I make an easy oven baked chicken that is healthy and delicious. You can sauté the chicken first or just bake. I prefer sautéing.

sauce: any BBQ sauce, ketchup, Worcestshire, honey, chopped garlic, s&p, hot sauce - combine all ingredients to taste.

Dredge chicken pieces in sauce and bake (I dredge after sauteing).

Delicious with/on a salad.
beans13
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Snack - Kale chips.

Wash the kale and make sure it is dry.

Break in to large pieces, sprinkle with olive oil. Salt....any seasoning you like.. I tried a little garlic salt instead of regular salt and it was good.

Bake at 425 - you have to keep a close eye on it because it goes from not done to DONE really fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:30 AM

1lb ground beef browned and drained

Separate pan

160z sour cream, 3 10oz cans of cream of mushroom soup, worshestershire to taste mix well and add cooked beef. Serve over white rice ....

Kids love that recipe.

Another easy one that they love is

1lb hamburger cooked and drained ( saute onions if wanted)

In cake pan, or similar place beef on bottom, layer on top of it two cans of corn drained, third layer is made up of mashed potatoes either instant or old fashioned.

Once all layered put into oven at 350 for about 30 minutes... can't go wrong.

beans13
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:30 AM
All of those are quick and can be made into healthier versions if you want. ie use ground turkey instead of ground beef. Dh and dd won't eat that though so I make it with beef.

The potato recipe, you can do the same with other veggies - peppers, zucchini etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)