Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Education level ?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:26 AM
  • 48 Replies
Me and DH were just talking about this.

Are you more or less educated (in terms of level of qualifications) than your parents are?

DH is more educated than his parents where I am less educated than mine.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:28 AM
I am more educated than my mother but not my father. One for year of school and I'll be even with Dad! DH is even with his mother but more than his father.
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:32 AM
SO has the same level of education as his parents, but he went a white-collar root while they were blue-collar, so it has taken him to a very different place in life.

I have a higher level of education than both of my parents, but not for long--- they both have Masters degrees, I am nearing the end of my PhD, and my mom is about to begin hers.
meg0620
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:32 AM
I'm more educated than my dad but not my mom. (Yet)
Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:39 AM

More.

My mom graduated high school. My dad left home at about 14 years old, but later went to night school and earned a GED. Or, the equivalent of a GED, not sure if they used the same term then. My dad is in his 80s. 

I am a college graduate with my bachelor's degree in elementary education. I graduated summa cum laude. I was the first in my immediate family and one of only two cousins in a really large family to complete a degree. However, several of my cousins have degrees in progress so hopefully that will change. My elder brother attended college for a while, but dropped out. Oh! You know what? My (now deceased, sadly) older half brother completed some sort of technical degree. I'm not sure what his degree was in exactly. He was an adult before I was born so obviously we weren't raised together. I know he had a well paying job repairing medical machines and that his degree was paid for by the army.

DH is soon-to-complete his AA degree and plans to continue studies after that which will make him more educated than his parents as well. 

goldpandora
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:41 AM

More educated than both

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:45 AM
less than both of them
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:54 AM
Pretty sure we have the same education level of our parents though their life experiences have us beat!
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:58 AM

More than Dad, less than my mum

cybcm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:02 AM

I am less educated than my father, more educated than my mother.
My father has a bachelor of business, I have three diplomas (fine art, floristry and business) and a handful of certificates. I am considering doing a bachelor of fine art though.
My mother did not graduate high school.

DH is more educated than both, funnily enough out of him and his two sisters, each one of them achieved a highe level of education as they went along.
Neither MIL nor FIL completed high school.
Older SIL has a bachelor of science and bachelor of education
DH has a masters of literature (and a diploma of librarianship, which doesn't exist anymore, and a diploma of business management)
Younger SIL has a doctor of science

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:06 AM

My husband has had much more education than his parents. He had more the minute he graduated middle school. When he started college they got pissed off because they thought he was showing off.

I don't have more education than my mother, she has 2 masters degrees. Although once she started having children she never used them again. My dad never went to college, but he was an aircraft mechanic in the air guard for 30 years before he retired. He has much more knowledge than I do, just not more education.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN