Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are in a controlling relationship

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:09 AM
  • 113 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you have to ask your husband if you want to cut your hair or get a tattoo or piercing. 

Honestly the only thing you should be asking your husband about is either you want to get your tubes tied or he gets a vasectomy, big financial choices (like a new car or changing up the house), aborting or putting a child up for adoption.

Thats just my opinion, shouldn't have to get an ok from your husband if you want short blonde hair, if he leaves you for that then the relationship was never real to begin with, hair always go back to its original look. 

**also I do have a friend who left a relationship because her boyfriend got pissed she wanted long red hair instead of her medium length black hair so that's what made me want to write this and also seeing some post here asking if women ask their husband before doing something to their own body**

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:11 AM
I feel said for people who have to ask their spouse permission

I am a grown adult intelligent enough to make decisions for myself and my family. If you can't without asking that is control. If you won't because you are scared or cant trust yourself that is pathetic
Larae1990
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:12 AM
12 moms liked this
I don't ask my husband, but I always like to get his opinion and see what he thinks about it :)
Qzx
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:12 AM
I wouldn't ask permission exactly, I'd ask his opinion but ultimately would make the choice myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't see a problem with running a change past a spouse, they married one person they were likely attracted to that so asking your spouse if they would like your hair short, or a different color is hardly abusive.

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:14 AM
2 moms liked this
* hides in a corner* i ask him if i could wear his t-shirts and boxers, it's not abuse okay! :'/
but seriously, i usually ask him if he thinks it would look good on me when i want a new hairstyle.
I like having his opinion.
He doesn't sit me down and give me a map of how and when i should get a hair cut or dress, but i do go to him and ask what he thinks before changing it up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:15 AM

While my husband doesn't need my permission to get a tattoo, or grow facial hair if he did either of those things I would lose my attraction to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:16 AM
I don't "ask permission", I ask for his opinion, usually. My hair I do What I want when I want. Tats neither of us care much. Piercings I'll all his opinion and depending on what I want pieced, I won't if he doesn't like it. (Something very visible like facial)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:16 AM
I wouldn't ask my husband permission for any of those things not even the car or changing the house up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Stay in the house and he goes every where he wants.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM
I will be honest an say I struggle with being the controlling party. I have got better over the years. I like things to be a certain way. I get anxiety if they arent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN