Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had a c section

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I had my baby via c section in May and I still havent started my period. I went to see the doctor for my 8 weeks check up and she said I should start any day,but nothing yet. Before anyone ask no im not pregnant again . As I havent had sex since I was 7 month pregnant and I had a healthy pregnancy and no complications when I delivered. So my question is,any of you ladies that had a csection ,how long did it take you to start your period?
Im ff too . So I know if you bf it might take longer,but im not. I will be making another doc appointment soon to find out whats going on but I wanted to ask here ,is it normal that I havent started yet?
TIA ladies.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theboyfactory
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Are you nursing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:20 AM
No, im FF

Quoting theboyfactory:

Are you nursing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:21 AM
I didn't have a csection but my mom did and my gf did and they both didn't get theirs till around 12 weeks
theboyfactory
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Lol, was that part already in the post or did you add it? I must not be awake yet.

I wouldn't worry too much about not starting yet though. Your body will start when it is ready.

Quoting Anonymous: No, im FF

Quoting theboyfactory:

Are you nursing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:26 AM
It was there already just not capitalized lol so it was easy probably to skeep reading it ,its ok tho.:) but yeah im kinda worried because with the other pregnancies it wasnt csection . This was my first csection lol

Quoting theboyfactory: Lol, was that part already in the post or did you add it? I must not be awake yet.

I wouldn't worry too much about not starting yet though. Your body will start when it is ready.

Quoting Anonymous: No, im FF

Quoting theboyfactory:

Are you nursing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Oh ok I see. Thank you

Quoting Anonymous: I didn't have a csection but my mom did and my gf did and they both didn't get theirs till around 12 weeks
MooseMomma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:52 AM
I've had two c-sections. My first I was combo feeding, this time EBF. My first I got my period back at around 12 weeks or so. I haven't gotten it yet this time around (baby is 4.5 months old)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:11 AM
I had a friend who went 5 months before she got hers. She didn't bf either.
Serena1982
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:18 AM
With my first csection, it took about 8 weeks to get my period. With my second, I had very heavy bleeding for many weeks and my regular period started about 12 weeks after surgery.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:21 AM
After my first it was four weeks on the dot, but the dr was very surprised. After my second, my pp bleeding lasted longer but my period didn't come for 7 months (I was bfing around half the time).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)