Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Urgent care worthy or no? *photos added

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

Recently moved into the area and don't have a PCP set up yet.

I got bitten by some sort of insect or spider 2 days ago. The area was small and has a puncture spot in the middle.

Now it is bigger than a quarter in an oval shape with a purple spot in the middle and keeps swelling up. It is hot to the touch and very painful. I have a very slightly elevated temp, not really worth mentioning but I know someone will ask.

It is on my left side on a stretch mark right where my pants sit on my hips so I've been wearing them lower so they don't rub.

Would you go to the local urgent care center?

*Please ignore my fat*

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Uh yeah......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Yes.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Sure
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM

If it's warm to the touch I would at least give them a call, It can't hurt. Sounds as if you have some sort of an infection from the bite and there is some new mosquito born virus going around now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Yes....but I go for anything that concerns me. I am not one to just let things go when it comes to mine or my kids health. What do you feel most comfortable doing?
JTROX
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:01 AM

No.  My son had what I believe was a spider bite on his thigh.  At it's largest it covered the whole side of his thigh.  It was also hot to the touch.  The center was black and raised.  It went away w/in a week.  Although, there is a scar from the center spot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Yes, if it is hot to the touch with an elevated body temp usually means infection. You need antibiotics.
Pinkmommy0211
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:02 AM
That's what I do.

If I'm concerned about anything with my kids or myself I go in.

I couldn't move my pinky finger at all last week, and it hurt to move, my ads went to the doctors, I only had a pinched nerve but still concerned me.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes....but I go for anything that concerns me. I am not one to just let things go when it comes to mine or my kids health. What do you feel most comfortable doing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Oh, that's wonderful -_-

I don'y *think* it was a mosquito. I woke up with it so I have no idea what it came from through. I think maybe a flea because we've had a serious fight with them this summer.

Quoting Anonymous:

If it's warm to the touch I would at least give them a call, It can't hurt. Sounds as if you have some sort of an infection from the bite and there is some new mosquito born virus going around now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow, I wouldn't even have thought twice about an ER trip for that one. Glad your son is OK.

Quoting JTROX:

No.  My son had what I believe was a spider bite on his thigh.  At it's largest it covered the whole side of his thigh.  It was also hot to the touch.  The center was black and raised.  It went away w/in a week.  Although, there is a scar from the center spot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)