Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you get from Cafemom?

Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
So, I've been a member for a while now. I started in '08 on and off. Once I start to be 'noticed,' I take a break.

Within the past few days, I've noticed a lot of people claiming to be stalked in real life. Not just in this group, but many others.

And, it makes me wonder; 1.How much time do you didicate to a website? 2. What is your real life like if you have enough time to not only be noted by other posters but also stalked? 3. What does CafeMom do for you? As in, what benifit does it being to your life?

I'm not judging, I'm just trying to understand. It's amazing how we can all get wrapped into the internet, but it's also amazing when you put the phone, computer, tablet, etc....down what you end up experiencing.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:13 AM
I log on and off all day long. I don't worry about being stalked as I'm always anon and never post pics. CM entertains me- these bitches are hilarious. And occasionally, I do learn something new.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:14 AM
What does it do for you?.
I'd like to know.
Tell us more.
by *Claire-Bear* on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:14 AM

It's entertainment...pure and simple. I'm not well known as I don't make posts...just reply to them and I'm not a twerp in my replies. I have made some good friends in other groups and we keep in touch via text, phone calls and FB. I've gotten to meet one of them face to face which was great. 

It's also an outlet for me I guess.. I homeschool 2 kids, take 2 kids to Karate for 15-18 hours per week, and 2 days at Church...I don't go out much and neither does DH ( he works from home)...he has his video games and I have CM. I've been here since 07'. 

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Strictly entertainment for me. I never post, I use my screen name always, and I occasionally comment. I been here since 07. I get on before I get up in the mornong or late at night whem I can't sleep. I have never had a stalker, and I'm not popular on here. :)
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:14 AM
It is a time passer for me. I joined after moving to a new state because I was lonely and it did help to be able to chat with people. I have not had "stalkers", I don't post personal things about my life. I also think that being generally nice to others will prevent people from getting pissed off and following you around.
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:18 AM
I got the clap.
by Jody on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Pure unadulterated entertainment! 

by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:19 AM
I used to be on alllll the time and this was my only adult human interaction.

I've been only come on recently every now and then, maybe once a day for 5-10mins. I'm doing my internship right now and super busy but I've been staying away for other reasons.

This place has turned into nothing but a troll fest. Before "anon" came along, it was kind of easy to weed out the bullshit but with almost everyone going anon and the amount of blatantly obvious troll posts has become overwhelmingly obnoxious. I just don't have the energy or will to read them or have a pissing match with those who reply to comments that I post in a post.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:20 AM

It doesn't take much to be noticed here. If you post under one screen name for a extended amount of time, someone on this site will recognize either your SN or your avi. I post pics (obviously) but that's about it. I don't post my first name, the city/state I live in, the company I work for, my husband's name etc.

Shoots are a good portion of my job and they provide me with alot of down time during work. That's when I'm the most active. I hardly ever sleep more than 4 hours so I'm also here during the wee hours of the morning.

I'm about to be on a lot less because of new career developments.

CM is pure fuckery and entertainment. Nothing more and nothing less. 

by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I used to be on here a lot even when I was working full time, I came on almost every night. Now, I'm hardly on here because of work and always being busy and rarely have the time to come here. There are some crazies on here for sure so it's best not to post pics and any personal information here like so many do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)