Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this make you like me a little less.

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:19 AM
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this

Although this will come as a shock to some, I am a Christian. If you ask my beliefs, I will tell you, but in this day and age, most members know what is classified as "acceptable" by Christian standards and don't need to be I interrogated for their choices all the time.

my question is this.

because of all the so-called"Christian" whack jobs here, does learning I am one, make anyone like me less?

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theTosh.O
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:21 AM

BUMP!

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Not me. I am also a Christian, but the beliefs of anyone whatever they are doesn't make me think less of them.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Why would it?

I am Muslim. Does it make you like me less? It shouldn't matter.
I really honestly haven't noticed your sn too much, This fact doesn't change my opinion of you at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamanon
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I think the very same about you now after being told this additional information as I did before I knew this new information.

theTosh.O
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Honestly, like most people, I believe my beliefs are the correct ones. So obviously opposing beliefs are wrong. I don't think any less of that person though.

Quoting thenameshailie: Not me. I am also a Christian, but the beliefs of anyone whatever they are doesn't make me think less of them.

MommyTo5Boys
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this

No, I don't like or dislike anyone based on their religious beliefs.

I like and dislike them based on their personalities and actions.

There are a-holes in all religions. 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM
2 moms liked this
No, it doesn't. I'm Christian too, I manage to not be an asshole about it.
theTosh.O
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM

My best friend is Muslim. She is from Trinidad. I was shocked to learn of all the similarities in our religion. I have another friend from Thailand who is Buddhist and again, there are many similarities.

Quoting MIA0223: Why would it? I am Muslim. Does it make you like me less? It shouldn't matter. I really honestly haven't noticed your sn too much, This fact doesn't change my opinion of you at all.

Serena1982
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM
No, I don't like you less for being Christian, however, I admit to stereotyping and jumping to conclusions when I hear that you are. It is wrong of me to do and I'm trying to be better.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM
I think religious beliefs are very personal. I can't know what is right for anyone other than me. My feelings will never sway so I just prefer not to talk about it with others really.

Quoting theTosh.O:

Honestly, like most people, I believe my beliefs are the correct ones. So obviously opposing beliefs are wrong. I don't think any less of that person though.

Quoting thenameshailie: Not me. I am also a Christian, but the beliefs of anyone whatever they are doesn't make me think less of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)