Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suicide

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Have you ever thought about it?

I can't imagine leaving my children. But sometimes I wish I could just disappear. I'm in therapy and take medicine. I'm afraid to tell my therapist. I don't want to be admitted to the hospital. I don't want to kill myself NOW, but sometimes I think about it.

Just wondering if I'm alone.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Nope your not alone
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Please call 1-800-273-talk

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Jozemom
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Not alone. I'm not going anonymous on this because mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of. I have been there, I've had those feelings that the world would be better without me. These thoughts sent healthy though, and you should speak with someone. If you haven't attempted suicide you will very likely not be hospitalized, but you will get the counseling you need.

If you ever need to talk please pm me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:00 AM
You aren't alone and you also need to tell your therapist. You will not be committed for THINKING about it but your therapist needs to know how to help you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:03 AM

You're not alone. I thought about it yesterday, My meds aren't working; just started a new one. I'm in therapy too.

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:05 AM

You won't be admitted just for thinking about it, and you absolutely should tell your therapist.

You will only be admitted if you are an immediate threat to yourself or others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:06 AM
My DH has told his therapist and he didn't get committed. He's always honest with her so that he can get the best treatment. He's attempted suicide 3 times. He's bipolar type 1.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Had them before I had my babies thought I had nobody and nothing to live for now I've got my reasons the lil girl and boy I gave life. I love them both more than anything so I don't think about taking my own life anymore because I'd be hurting them.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:09 AM
You are not alone and this is ok to tell your therapist! (You may need a medication adjustment)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM

All the time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)