Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People just don't freaking get it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My dd is 9 she has 2 types if epilepsy that effect her brain and cognitive abilities. In other words she doesn't act 9 she acts younger is in special ed in school and doesn't do well in school. We have gone thru 8 different meds. A surgery and now on a modified Atkins diet with high fat. She can NOT eat anything I don't make or give her. Even family oh one piece of candy won't hurt yes it will. I wi not be visiting these peoe until they get it. My dd is not to the point where she will say no I can't have that yet. It's only been 12 weeks and she is having a really hard time we just up and took everything she knew about food and changed it that's hard. We do t have a choice right now and she doesn't understand so I don't need people telling me oh it's not worth it blah blah blah. Just a vent. Example. No bread. No cereal no candy. No ice cream no milk. No gummies. No waffles. No juice. Not even regular ketchup. The list goes on
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elegy
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:59 AM

People are just weird about food, especially crap food. It has such a high status in our society. I don't really get it either.

oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:59 AM
4 moms liked this
I'm sorry. Special diets are hard enough for kids to adjust to without being tempted and told that "it won't hurt" by adults they think they can trust. Hugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:01 AM
I know and anything not on the diet can cause is to go hospital if it happens at right time

Quoting oryxx31: I'm sorry. Special diets are hard enough for kids to adjust to without being tempted and told that "it won't hurt" by adults they think they can trust. Hugs.
shell3m
by Shell on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:03 AM
My son is autistic and can NOT have corn or red gummy anything. It makes him regress even worse and his meltdowns are through the roof.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Special diets are difficult enough for a child without adults making it worse. I think you're right to keep her away, until they can respect your wishes about food.
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:06 AM
I'm sorry. That really sucks. My family would be just as bad. Hell, I couldn't leave them alone with my babies or they'd be feeding a 2 month old mashed potatoes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Yes and the worst part. I have her a copy of the binder so she would understand why I bring and make everything for her.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Special diets are difficult enough for a child without adults making it worse. I think you're right to keep her away, until they can respect your wishes about food.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:07 AM

((BIG HUGS)) 

MyHeartDA
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Whoever is giving your child these off limit foods don't respect you at all. Its a shame, this is your child even if there was no reason behind it if you tell someone don't feed my child this/that, they should respect that without question.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Thank you. They just don't understand the diet and won't let me teach them what it is supposed to do for her brain. She is only allowed 30 carbs a day it is working and I will NOT let someone sabbatigr it

Quoting MyHeartDA: Whoever is giving your child these off limit foods don't respect you at all. Its a shame, this is your child even if there was no reason behind it if you tell someone don't feed my child this/that, they should respect that without question.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)