Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The medical mafia is killing our babies!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Ughhhh

My son is 6. His dad and I have not been together in 5 years. His dad is a "free spirit" and hasn't really been involved in raising our son. I won't say he's a bad father but he's hasn't been around for the important stuff. He sees ds about one weekend a month. It used to be less until he met his current gf.

Anyway, he and his Gf just had a baby and they went full on crunchy/hippy parents. They had the baby at home, don't vaccinate, only eat organic, etc. which is fine. Not my baby, not my problem. I am just frustrated now because they are trying to convert my way of dealing with ds medically.

I am pro-vaccination. I'm not here to debate it, I do my research and I've been doing what I feel is best for my son for the past 6 years. Never did his dad even ask about ds's shots or doctor trips. Now all of sudden they are posting articles to my Facebook and bringing up the horrible medical mafia every drop off/pick up.

I wish he would just shut up. He thinks he is some super know it all dad now and he's not. I told him we can sit down one day and discuss this but I won't change my opinion because he and his gf are shoving it down my throat.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJnEsMama
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Since it's recommended to vaccinate he can't stop you.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Tell him they are perfectly welcome to raise their child how they want and you will do the same...You just expect they use the same common courtesy as you have and don't tell you what's best for your kids...

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:07 AM
I would just let him know you have no intention of changing your mind and to let it go. Get rid of him on Facebook, it's not worth it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
This is exactly.how nonvaxers feel every single day.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Personally I would block his Facebook.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Unfollow him on FB and let him know that you're comfortable with the way you've been handling things to this point and you don't plan on changing course now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Limit his custody. Do what you think is best for your child. They seem kinda nuts. I'm not bashing anyone's way of living but children shouldn't be raised in extremes...whatever the parents believe. Eating organic is great not vaccinating...ehhh debatable. Understand what I mean?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:24 AM
So that some how makes this okay? I do not post anything on his fb page about why I vaccinate and I don't bring it up every time I get a chance...like they do. Our son lives with me so I oversee his medical treatments, his other son lives with him so he can oversee his medical treatments. I've been raising our son with no objections from him up until now and I don't appreciate it.

Quoting Anonymous: This is exactly.how nonvaxers feel every single day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Good idea. I don't really want to do that because other than this, we all get along fairly well and I try to keep all of the relationships involved(him being a father to our son, his gf being a stepmom to our son, my relationship with him as a co-parent, etc) light with no drama but goodness...I am tired of getting articles from them. Sometimes I read them but mostly I ignore because it's the same stuff they've sent me before.

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: Personally I would block his Facebook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I have no interest in limiting his custody over this. As much as it annoys me, limiting custody even more is NOT right for my son and I'll learn to deal with them. He only gets him on weekends and it's not like he can take away the vaccines already given to him lol

If he had more custody and influence in ds's life then maybe I would be more concerned for the well being of ds but he's a weekend parent. Ds goes over there for 2 days to hang out and that's it then he comes home and I get him ready for school, set up play dates with friends, take him to karate, and of course, handle all of the dr appointments.

Quoting Anonymous: Limit his custody. Do what you think is best for your child. They seem kinda nuts. I'm not bashing anyone's way of living but children shouldn't be raised in extremes...whatever the parents believe. Eating organic is great not vaccinating...ehhh debatable. Understand what I mean?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)