Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever had a row with your DH?

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you ever had a big row with your dh?  I just had one. dxxx now I've got a headache. What a Sunday to start?

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Replies (51-56):
mum4one
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I totally agree with you that 'every child is different  ...' that make us, each individual, so specially.  I easily accept who my son is whereas it took a while for dh to comprehend the diagnose. The only issue is sometimes we simply run out of patience or perhaps it is too much for an adult Aspie to meet our expectation...  

Schooling is something we were concerned about, too. You've done a good job.

Have a wonderful weekend!^^

Quoting MixedCooke: For a long while, everyone is still a bit in denial that my daughter is autistic and the whole "every child is different and develops differently" so when we got her tested they wanted her to start an intensive preschool class but when we toured that class, the kids had more severe autism than our daughter and because of her sensory issues, they would cause her to regress. We then toured the more specialized class for the less severe level of autism and requested that she be placed in that one instead as the calmer and more structured environment would suit her best. We are both concerned about starting her full time (until 2pm) but they require it. It's the label he doesn't like whereas I accept the life I've been given.
Quoting mum4one:

Dear MixedCooke, could I ask what you mean by 'in a negative light'?

Over the years, most of the time we argue about matters of our dS. He's an Aspie ( in autism spectrum) and we've got different views of raising him.  I'm strict and a man of principle, but dh is playing a sugar daddy roll. Ugh...... What on earth could I raise ds as a responsible, respectful man?

We still need a lot of patience on him, albeit he's turning 18.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Quoting MixedCooke: Yep just this morning too! Our autistic daughter is having a regression day and choosing to scream rather than use her words, which then upsets me and he was woken up(we take turns sleeping in on the weekends). He was upset that I was upset since I'm prone to preterm labor and that her screaming woke him. I sent him out for staples for lunch and then took the kids out swimming. We are all good now though he side mentioned our autistic daughter starting a special school in August in a negative light, which apparently we will need to discuss very soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Row? And sunday?
mum4one
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Well done!!

I'm not sure if I would have such guts to do so even turning to 'a bear with a sore head'

Running to his mother is my biggest pet peeve. Dh does when he's upset or after big or small rows.  He goes to her and comes back just at supper time. What a Big man?? I often wonder if he got married with a wife or he wanted to have a surrogate mother?

Quoting Anonymous:

Just 1. 

His adult daughter brought a child molester home for sex. We had kids at the time and dh refused to do anything about it.  He was going to continue to let her see this felon and have him around our kids. So the fight was on.  My children's safety came first, not Sd's sex life. It got to the point that I threw them both out of the house and dh ran to his mother.

after a few days, things cooled down and dh came back without sd. He left her with mil.

he learned his lesson.  Don't fuck with Mama Bear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Yeah it happens.
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:31 PM
I punched him in the balls once. He's been an angel since.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 4:54 PM

I understand what you asked because I've been watching too much BBC....:-p

And yeah, occassionally. We have gotten to the point where we realize that if we argue or fight, it's because we've had a breakdown in communication somewhere. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)