Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Coffee

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I had allergy testing done a few years back. I'm allergic to coffee. When I drink it I get horrible stomach pains and diarrhea. I've started to notice that the smell of coffee brewing is causing the same reaction. Is it possible to have an allergy to the smell. I live in a house with coffee lovers.

I wake up in the morning with horrible stomach pains and coffee is being made and in the evenings I get stomach pains when coffee is being made.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Bump
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:57 AM
That sucks :/

Would the allergy really be airborn though?
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I think that sounds psychosomatic.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:07 PM

p.s.- OP, if you want to quit gagging around the aroma you need to disassociate the smell of coffee with how it makes you sick. A great way to do this is to infuse a positive aspect into coffee...Like going into a coffee shop and having a delicious slice of their cake, pie, or other pastry so you beging to identify the smell with something good over something bad.

Psychology 101.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I don't gag at the smell. I love the smell and taste. I get very bad stomach pains and diarrhea when drinking it and possibly smelling it. I'm not sure if the smell of the coffee is causing the stomach pains or if something else is.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

p.s.- OP, if you want to quit gagging around the aroma you need to disassociate the smell of coffee with how it makes you sick. A great way to do this is to infuse a positive aspect into coffee...Like going into a coffee shop and having a delicious slice of their cake, pie, or other pastry so you beging to identify the smell with something good over something bad.

Psychology 101.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)