Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B*tch stole our tips

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I work in a teaching kitchen as an assistant. The assistants prep all the food, set the room up, and keep the kitchen clean during and after class...including mopping the floors, washing the dishes, sanitizing the kitchen etc. and basically doing whatever the Chef needs during class.

Last night we had a full class...16 people.  That's a lot of fucking dishes that are being hand-washed. 

Anyway, a man gave the Chef a $100 tip and said, "This is for the team (there were four assistants and one Chef, so we should have each gotten $20).  Divide it up and have a drink on me!"

Bitch pocketed the entire $100. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Thats happened to me so many times working in a dietary clinic. Its bullshit :(
kadcas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:57 PM
It is completely be, do you have the same chef all the time? If so I would complain to someone outside of kitchen. It is so disrespectful. Are you learning from this chef?
sophiesister2
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Are you fucking kidding?? And im guessing the manager doesnt care
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM

I haven't talked to the GM yet.  This was last night and I am not back at work until Tues. I don't want to sound like a whiny bitch, though.  But damn!  The guy was pretty specific about wanting us to share the tip.

Quoting sophiesister2: Are you fucking kidding?? And im guessing the manager doesnt care

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I am debating on whether to say anything at all. 

Quoting kadcas: It is completely be, do you have the same chef all the time? If so I would complain to someone outside of kitchen. It is so disrespectful. Are you learning from this chef?

sophiesister2
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:04 PM
I dont think its being whiny! I cant stand when people mess with my money! Im a server and it happens all the time. A table that they know doesnt tip will come in and theyll say oh youre up so they dont waste one of their tables on them. I hate that kinda stuff. But that chef pretty much stole from all of you

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't talked to the GM yet.  This was last night and I am not back at work until Tues. I don't want to sound like a whiny bitch, though.  But damn!  The guy was pretty specific about wanting us to share the tip.

Quoting sophiesister2: Are you fucking kidding?? And im guessing the manager doesnt care

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)