Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband's best friend..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies

My husband has a group of friends that he has known since middle school. I love all them and their wives.. So its four of them.. Well one of them (we will call him Jon), has been with his wife since college (i believe she waits  sin high school). I have never really meet her officially, because he never brings her around. Well anyways she cheated on him about 4 years ago with his friend.. He separated and was hanging out with us every weekend; clubs, bars, events, etc. (keep in mind this was before i had my child). He is this super goofy guy and after she did that to him he was just super depressed.. I don't know there story or why she cheated on him, but like i said he was going out with us before she cheated (not sure if she knew). It was almost like he was ashamed of her and didn't want us to meet her ( i dont know why, she is thin and beautiful).. well they got back together and had another baby (i don't even know when they got back together, because he never told us and he was still partying with us). Well now he wants to bring her around, and most of us are not having it. Its not that we dont like her, we just dont want to get to know her.. Is it wrong of me and the only couples? They have invited us to BBQ a couple of times and dinner and all the times we refused. The guys have gone out to happy hours but i dont feel comfortable hanging out with a girl like that. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:22 PM
4 moms liked this
It's not that hard to be polite and pleasant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Im always nice.. We actually saw them in the store when she was pregnant (this is how i knew they got back together) and i was friendly and asking her question about pregnancy. 

QuI oting Danesmommy1: It's not that hard to be polite and pleasant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:24 PM
12 moms liked this
You guys aren't really his friend then.

You don't know all that went on in their marriage and it's obvious they moved passed their issues.

So you guys are being jerks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Well we are  the ones that help him  when she hurt him.. He didnt even tell his family (mom, sisters, dad, etc). Its not only me.. Its his other friends and their wives..

Quoting Anonymous: You guys aren't really his friend then. You don't know all that went on in their marriage and it's obvious they moved passed their issues. So you guys are being jerks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM

bump

Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I really don't blame you for not wanting to hang out with her. Any idea why he is so secretive about their relationship? Why he never said they were back together? Was he embarrassed? I'd want to know why he never brought her around before.

All that said, I've hung out with my friends' DH's and boyfriends that I never liked, they hung out with mine, and I hung out with my ex's friends and I didn't like 75% of them... I think you can't avoid it. 

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say suck it up. It's not your choice and it doesn't effect you if they are back together. People make mistakes and if he's chosen to forgive her who are you to hold it against her. All you're going to do is create distance between your dh and his friend if you refuse to hang out with his wife.
MelDyann
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:39 PM
5 moms liked this
You sound immature and judgmental. If this guy is a true friend, you should be accepting of his wife. Her past transgressions aren't your concern. People change and move on. Shame on you all for being rude.
Quelinda2411
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:39 PM
5 moms liked this
You just said it yourself that you really don't know the whole situation on why she cheated...that's pretty unfair of you to judge her, especially since you really don't know her. And if the husband can forgive...then you at least should give her a chance.
iamanon
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:41 PM

I don't understand why you would avoid her?  I'm confused.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)