Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I gave my 2 yr old Pepsi to keep her from napping.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

ill start by saying that my kids arent normally allowed to have any sort of soda, let alone one with caffeine.Also my kids don't nap. my youngest decided she didn't want to anymore at 18 months. But it was 5pm and she was falling asleep. My kids go to bed at 8:30, so i knew if she fell asleep now she would wake up just before bedtime and would want to play all night.

So dh and i decided this one time, they could share a can of pepsi with me. My girls had maybe a little less than 1/3 of the can.The sugar and caffeine was enough to keep my youngest going until bedtime, when she went to sleep with little protest. 

I don't feel bad about it because i know it isn't something we will be making a habit of, but i know a number of you will call me a bad mother.

Anyone guilty of something similar?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:25 PM

BUMP!

Missdameanor
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Short of things like meth...IDC!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:27 PM
No, I know how to get my child hyper without sugar or caffeine. Sugar doesn't make kids hyper anyways that's a myth, and caffeine doesn't actually give people energy it just tricks your body into not burning off fat.
Noahsmom32825
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:27 PM
I did the same. But it was to wake them up. We had to be somewhere really early so I gave them a can of coke to share. Woke them up real fast!!
JackieGirl007
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I can't say I've ever done the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:29 PM

it didn't make her hyper, so yeah. and either way it helped keep her awake for 3 1/2 hours

Quoting Anonymous: No, I know how to get my child hyper without sugar or caffeine. Sugar doesn't make kids hyper anyways that's a myth, and caffeine doesn't actually give people energy it just tricks your body into not burning off fat.

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Eh, I give my 6 yo caffeine before school everyday because it helps him focus. His teacher said it's like night and day.
Semajmom719
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:32 PM
U gotta do what u have to do and I know the feeling of doing something that other people would frown upon (like I give two shits) as long as u wouldn't hurt ur child im sure u wouldnt
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:38 PM

BUMP!

polkaspots
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:40 PM
I've done that too. When dd stopped taking naps she was really annoying for an hour around four pm. That was when she got dessert foods for snack. It only lasted the summer because she was 3 1/2 and about to start school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)