Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My SIL doesn't want to know the child she gave up for adoption. WDYT?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 482 Replies
My SIL was raped when she was 13 by two boys in her neighborhood. She was too scared and ashamed to say anything, and by the time her mom found out what happened and that she was pregnant, it was too late for an abortion in their state and her mom wouldn't take her to get one somewhere else. She have her daughter up for adoption at birth, and seemed to move on.

She got a phone call a month ago from her daughter, who is now 18 and somehow tracked her down. My SIL said "I don't wish to have a relationship with you or speak to you, please don't call back here or contact me again" and hung up. She told my mil about it and didn't say anything again.

My mil was devastated she have the baby up in the first place, and is devastated she did this. She said she hopes she reconsiders and gets in touch, my SIL said she's happy in her life now and for my mil to butt out.

I can't help but feel she's a bit heartless for what she did to that poor girl. To this day her and my mil have a strained relationship and barely talk cause she didn't let her have an avortion. I'll obviously never say anything, but WDYT?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:34 PM
43 moms liked this
Its none of your business.
Or anyone elses
PlumbersWife344
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:35 PM
28 moms liked this
Its her life. Maybe its the only way she can deal with the emotional pain the whole situation caused.
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:37 PM
8 moms liked this

I can't say that I blame her.  It was a horrific experience and she doesn't want the reminder in her life. 

kman88
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:37 PM
25 moms liked this

Being raped is a very traumatic event in ones life. Having a child result of it is a constant reminder and I could see why she wouldn't wanna know the girl. 

Seems heartless to someone who has never experienced it. Does she have any other kids? 

momma112206
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:37 PM
7 moms liked this
She gave her up for a reason. If she wanted a relationship with her she never would adopted her out in the first place.
MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this
It's her right.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this

That is her right.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this
How awful to live through, I don't blame her for not wanting to relive it.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM
5 moms liked this

I've seen this post before...

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM
5 moms liked this
It might remind her of her rape. Know when I was raped at 20 I took the morning after pill. I said if it fell pregnant I said I would give it up. So just be a little more sympathetic to your SIL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN