Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You are not a mom!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My sister is 28. She has no kids biologically. She has been married twice in 5 years (to different guys) and divorced before her bouquet could fully dry out. Her 2nd marriage she had a step son who was 8/9 at the time. They were close but he had a mom and dad had every other weekend custody. So really they didn't even have the kid half of the time.

She is now in a relationship with a guy much younger then her and he has a child who is 3 but barley ever gets to see him cause the relationship with his ex is rocky. He gets him maybe twice a month for a night. All of a sudden my sister is on all these mom sights on fb asking about potty training a 3yr old child, vaccination schedules etc. Then what's worse is she is giving advice on these sights!!! Acting like she is a mom and what really sent me over the edge is she had the nerve to put down MY parenting! I am a mom of 3 my kids are 7 dd, 7 ss who has aspergers (bm not in picture so I have a say in all parenting with him as I am a sahm and my dh fully supports me being his mother for the last 5 uears) and a 3 almost 4 yr old dd. My ss has problems yes but we have specific ways of dealing with it. And if he does something or says something in front of her before I even have a time to say something and address it she is up on his ass punishing him. Then gets mad if I change the punishment or say something else to him. I finally snapped at her that I am his parent and I very capable of saying something to my child. And she tells ME my kids are out of control (they are not, they are kids and do normal kid stuff except for maybe a few things my ss may say or do)

I made a comment that I was emotionally exhausted cause my 3 year old likes to argue a lot about everything. Food, clothes, picking up, etc just normal behavior on testing a parent and her boundaries. Well she commented that maybe I should actually be a parent and not ldt my kids walk all over me and she wouldn't act like that and how anytime j does that she makes sure he knows who's boss and that "sad I am a better parent then you are"

I have no idea what to do anymore. I told her she isn't a parent and when she is a parent then I will take advice from her. And all she had to say is I am sadly mistaken that she is a parent to j and if I couldn't handle being a parent then I shouldn't of had kids.

Does anyone else deal with someone like this?? I am at a loss on how to handle this anymore without straight up telling her to eff off.....
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Missdameanor
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM
A parental pissing contest...nobody really wins.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Uhm. Block her. And get her out of your life. Derp.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM
No I don't deal with people like that. I ignore them.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I'd tell her current boy toy that she's overstepping hardcore.  Nothing worse than the girlfriend who wants to take over and be mommy.  Wanna make it more interesting?  Find out who the boy's mother is and fill her in on how the new girlfriend is acting.

Next time she opens her mouth about your parenting, I'd shove a sock into it and kick her oversteppin' ass out the door.  What a dumb ass.

bpaqjax
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM

If one of my sisters were like that I'd tell them it's none of their damn business.  If they kept it up anyways I'd stop hanging out/talking to them for a while until they stopped it. 

HamsterandCow
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Just ignore her. It sounds like from her track record that she will lose interest in being a so-called mommy soon enough.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:44 PM

If she told me that I would tell her that she's not a parent to begin with. End of story. 

TotallyTweedles
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Mobile Photo

I have zero advice but here's a meme
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Easier said then done. She is my sister I would hate to cut her out of my life but I feel like I have no other choice.

Quoting Anonymous: Uhm. Block her. And get her out of your life. Derp.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)