Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Antidepressant making me worse?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Its my 5th day on Prozac and I'm severely fatigued, thinking of suicide. I don't know if its just not working yet or making me worse. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:18 PM
U need to contact your Dr.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Call the doc, suicidal thinking is a side effect. You probably need to switch to something else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Definitely making you worse. Call the doc and stop taking them.
TheDrsRose
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Call your DR asap! I just had to switch on Friday bc they upped me to 30mg and I tried to kill myself! Call the 24-7 line NOW.

CafeMom Tickers
TheDrsRose
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM

DO NOT STOP TAKING THEM WITHOUT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL TELLING YOU. With SSRIs you have to ween off of them! You can't just stop or things can potentially get a LOT worse!

Quoting Anonymous: Definitely making you worse. Call the doc and stop taking them.

CafeMom Tickers
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Yes they can make you worse, call the doc ASAP.

One thing most people don't understand is that depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain, the problem being the doctor doesn't know which chemical (or multiple chemicals) are out of whack- so it's pretty much a guessing game. If they guess wrong it can make the depression worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:29 PM
She says it's been 5 days.

If it was 5 weeks or 5 months then she would need to go off them slowly, but after 5 days you can just stop taking them.

Quoting TheDrsRose:

DO NOT STOP TAKING THEM WITHOUT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL TELLING YOU. With SSRIs you have to ween off of them! You can't just stop or things can potentially get a LOT worse!

Quoting Anonymous: Definitely making you worse. Call the doc and stop taking them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Omg. Which med were you taking and what did they switch you to? 

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Call your DR asap! I just had to switch on Friday bc they upped me to 30mg and I tried to kill myself! Call the 24-7 line NOW.

firespurity
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Call your doctor immediately. You're having an adverse reaction. This is very dangerous. If your doctor doesn't take you seriously, go to the ER.
TheDrsRose
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I was on Paxil. It has HORRIBLE side effects.Horrible. I'm on Celexa now. I'm only on day 2 at half a dose and I'm already 100000x better. But I am having some light headedness and shakey vision and after my dose this morning I had a headache for a while but it went away..  I'm in a good mood for the first time in months today. I almost feel weird for being a little happy I went so long being in such a dark place. If you want to PM you're absolutely more then welcome to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg. Which med were you taking and what did they switch you to? 

Quoting TheDrsRose:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN