Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mamas with EDs..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I've suffered from Anorexia and Bulimia off and on for 10 years. The last time I purged was about 3 years ago. I don't really starve myself anymore.. just withhold a lot. I'm not underweight anymore either, so looking at me you can't tell I've abused my body. I just go through these cycles ALL THE TIME. I start hating myself then I turn to food as controlling whatever it is. Typical ED behavior. Well.. now more than ever I'm batteling with my bulimia again. I just need encouragement to stay strong and love myself again. I don't want to go down that path again. Three years feeling free from the urge.. that's the longest I've ever gone. Please help me refocus.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bookwormx4
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
(((Hugs))) you're stronger than this mama. I've never been there, but I did want to at least send somw hugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM
thank you! that really does mean a lot.

Quoting bookwormx4: (((Hugs))) you're stronger than this mama. I've never been there, but I did want to at least send somw hugs.
bookwormx4
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:28 PM
You're welcome hon.

Quoting Anonymous: thank you! that really does mean a lot.

Quoting bookwormx4: (((Hugs))) you're stronger than this mama. I've never been there, but I did want to at least send somw hugs.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Please be kind to yourself.    Have you heard about EFT (emotional free training)?  It might be what you need to break free once and for all.  There are lots of youtube videos on EFT as well as the tutorial on emofree.com

suzanneyea
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I am a former bulimic myself. I also have periods when the urge comes back. Very scary. I never want to go back to my bulimic life. Helping others helps me. Taking the focus off my weight. Realizing there are people out there with real struggles.

you get get through this. Focus on your health.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Hey:-) i understand:-) when i was being treated for alcohol dependence i also had to face my bulimia too. I call them the evil twins bc they both appeared in my life during my late teens. I wasnt treated until a couple yrs ago. I literally cant eat junk because when i do my brain panics and i want to be friends with the toilet. Im posting anon for this bc well most ppl have no idea about my ed. Just hubby and parents . But i understand and you arent alone. Dont let anyone make u feel like a bad mom either. I get that too. Being sick has no bearing on the love for your child. Ive heard those phrases too. Thankfully, i dont let natsayers bug me. Im in recovery for two big issues, and im a pretty damn good mom according to my daughter. Well she doesnt say damn lol but ypu get it. Hang in there! Have you found an eating disorder anon group? I go to aa and sometimes i talk about its evil twin, but ppl like that think like we do. So to me they are the normal ones lol. sorry for typos btw

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:45 PM
i have not heard of that, but I'm going to look as soon as baby is down. thanks!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Please be kind to yourself.    Have you heard about EFT (emotional free training)?  It might be what you need to break free once and for all.  There are lots of youtube videos on EFT as well as the tutorial on emofree.com

Verrine
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Here's a bump. I thought you were referring to Erectile Dysfunction, like all the tv commercials that mention ED and was confused that you said mamas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)