Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I still have to pay rent if I move out before it's due?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I am planning on moving out I have found a place if I move out before September 1st.Do I still have to pay my rent for September I plan on letting my landlord keep my deposit because my carpet has a bleach spot on the floor.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Do you have a lease?
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:35 PM

If you move out before Sept.1st then no,you don't have to pay Sept.'s rent...unless you're skipping out on a lease....

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends Are you going to give 30 days notice ?  whats your lease agreement say ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:36 PM
If you have a lease
ConnorsMommy21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM
It depends if there is a notice clause in your lease. Usually it is 30 days written notice. If you don't have a lease you are month to month and it depends on the state you are in (sometimes city). Month to month in most states still requires 30 days notice, but some are 2 weeks and some have no notice (Parts of NY)
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Nope but you do probably have to give a 30 day notice that you're vacating. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM
If you have a lease that you're breaking, yes you'll owe. Even if you're month to month, you'll likely owe if you don't give a 30 day notice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

You have to see what your lease says. I will say, DH and I were technically suppossed to pay for the  month of December, for we moved December 5. We never paid it, and nothing came of it. This was 8 years ago. It all depends on the landlord.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Usually. If you have a lease you're under contract t pay the whole thing out. However, if you give notice you Kay be able to get out. Moving out Aug 31 is not notice. And you will still be on the hook for damages AND rent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Are you on a lease? Yes you do. If not, then you just have to give 30 day notice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)