Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My cousin cut her mom out of her life/let her be homeless b/c she wouldn't let her get an abortion...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 193 Replies
My cousin is 27 now but was 17 when she was raped by a stranger walking home and got pregnant. He got caught quickly but her mom wouldn't let her get an abortion. She gave the baby up for adoption, wouldn't allow her mom to adopt him, and moved out and stopped speaking to her.

Ever since then she will say she hates her etc.My cousin has a new baby and she won't let her mom meet him. But the truly awful part is that when my aunt was battling cancer, she sent her a card saying "hope it's painful! Go to hell, you heinous bitch :)", didn't visit and when my aunt lost her home because she couldn't work to pay rent, she let her be homeless.

What do you think? My cousin has essentially lost half the family over this.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
falloutboy
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:52 PM
5 moms liked this
It sounds like she needs therapy and I truly mean that in the nicest way possible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:53 PM
36 moms liked this
Forcing her to carry her rapists baby... The bitch doesnt deserve to have her daughter In her life.
Howardx5
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this

*shrug* everyone deals differently. but i dont see how her mom could have prevented her from getting an abortion to begin with. I know every state is different but ive always heard that once you become pregnant you are in 100% control and have 100% say over your medical care.

Lostinindy
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:54 PM
2 moms liked this
We live with the choices we make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brokenmelody
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:55 PM
6 moms liked this
I agree with her decision to cut her mother from her life, but she doesn't need to attack her. Just never speak to her again. I would do the same. It would be truly awful to be raped then FORCED against your will to carry the baby, thinking about and reliving the rape every single day of the pregnancy.
HamsterandCow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:55 PM
3 moms liked this
She needs therapy for the trauma she endured and shame on her mother for forcing her to carry a rapist's baby.
PCOSSucks0422
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM
28 moms liked this

Why does your post focus on the sad things that have happened to your aunt but seems to offer no thought on the horror that your cousin suffered in carrying her rapist's baby?  Your sympathy seems very one-sided to me.

armywifey1983
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:00 PM
2 moms liked this

If I had been forced to carry a baby belonging to a monster who had raped me, I would probably react the same way your cousin did. The comments about her mom during her battle with cancer and homelessness were a little harsh, but I still understand her anger. I strongly suggest counseling for her, since she obviously needs a healthy way to release ten years of anger.

Tuned.Out
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM
13 moms liked this

I can understand your cousin's feelings and I'll be totally honest here...I'd share them.

If I were forced to carry a child to full term and give birth against my will. Especially if that child was a product of rape. I would loathe and resent the person that forced me to do that for the rest of my life. Forcing me to do that would greatly affect me, change my life, change my future, being forced to do that would just be too traumatic for me.

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Can't say I blame your cousin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)