Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wasp sting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I was stung by a wasp on my sisters porch today. It hurt like a MFer. I got the welt like a lot of stings and bites do. It was about a half hr-45 minutes ago. I don't have difficulty breathing or anything. So I know I'm not having an allergic reaction. My ankle hurt for a few. After icing it all I feel is like a small bump. Only thing that's weird is I was walking home because she lives up the street. A couple times it gave off a sensation almost like a small stinging. When I got into my house it felt like a little bit of a stronger sting. I know if something bad were to happen I would've been showing symptoms by now. Just the feeling of small stings walking home is confusing. Anyone know why?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Uhhh because you were stung by a wasp earlier? This is really a mystery to you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:04 PM
You can have an allergic reaction to a wasp sting and not have difficulty breathing. I was stung last year and my mom earlier this week. For both of us the sting area was a small welt the first day. The second day the swelling was incredibly huge.
Linds1986
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Chill out. If she's never been stung she may not know how long the pain lasts. Geez.

Quoting Anonymous: Uhhh because you were stung by a wasp earlier? This is really a mystery to you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Ha, I've never been stung by a wasp either. I also haven't been bitten by a snake. But it doesn't take a genius or experience to figure it might hurt for a few days.

Quoting Linds1986:

Chill out. If she's never been stung she may not know how long the pain lasts. Geez.

Quoting Anonymous: Uhhh because you were stung by a wasp earlier? This is really a mystery to you?

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:24 PM
I heard the venom actually corrodes skin on humans. Ehhh but that's not what you're experiencing. Is it a bigger bump?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:27 PM

It's bigger than the welt. I've just never been stung so I don't know how bad or long the pain lasts.

Quoting Mocking.Jay: I heard the venom actually corrodes skin on humans. Ehhh but that's not what you're experiencing. Is it a bigger bump?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:53 PM

How long should it last? How many hours? On a scale 1-10 how is the pain supposed to be? Oh wait I thought pain levels are different person to person. 

Quoting Anonymous: Ha, I've never been stung by a wasp either. I also haven't been bitten by a snake. But it doesn't take a genius or experience to figure it might hurt for a few days.
Quoting Linds1986:

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Owwie. :( Have you tried putting aloe vera gel on it?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's bigger than the welt. I've just never been stung so I don't know how bad or long the pain lasts.

Quoting Mocking.Jay: I heard the venom actually corrodes skin on humans. Ehhh but that's not what you're experiencing. Is it a bigger bump?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)