Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! My Daughter is Stalking Me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Well not really but she is being my frickin shadow right now and I'm trying to break her from it.  She's 5 and I'm 32 weeks pregnant.  We have a dd(7) and ds(12) too.  But for the past few month, my dd(5) has been up my butt to the point that if I don't sit next to her during dinner, she breaks down crying.  She's asked me to start sleeping in her room and when I told her I have my own bed and I sleep with daddy, she asked if I can move my bed in her room.  She has to sit on me or right next to me when we're on the couch and has to hold my hand constantly. 

She's very sweet and loving and likes to take care of me by rubbing lotion on my belly but this extreme attachment has to stop.  She doesn't even listen to her dad anymore, it's all about me.  I realize it has something to do with the new baby coming as well as the fact that she's in daycare all day for the summer (she says she'd rather be in school than there) but I don't know exactly what to do to help her detach and start being the big girl she was just a few months ago.  It's like she reverted and it's really frustrating for dh and me.  Any advice? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Enjoy it it wont be forever ?

Young_Mommy89
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:39 PM
I understand the annoyance. I have no advice as my dd is still up my butt
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:40 PM

I know it won't be forever and dh and I were just talking this morning about how it'll will probably change once she starts school but in the mean time, it's really stressful especially with me being pregnant and tired.  But I'm also wondering if it will be worse when the baby comes.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Enjoy it it wont be forever ?

JackieGirl007
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you should try a different daycare? Something bad could be happening there.

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Be patient.  When the baby comes, let her be the big helper that she can be at her age.  She can help get you diapers, water, things for the baby, etc.  Get her a little something special (a big sister gift) when everyone comes to the hospital to see the baby (pack it into your hospital bag so you don't forget).  Perhaps a little necklace or something "special" like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:46 PM

I've talked to her about that and I'm sure that's not the issue.  I think it's because when she was in pre-k she went to the daycare part time and now she's in there full time and is bored.  She says she's tired of doing the same thing every day and she doesn't want to have to take naps.  It started right after she was done with pre-k which she loved.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Maybe you should try a different daycare? Something bad could be happening there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Yeah it's hard to do anything...cook, clean, relax.  I'm so ready for this to change.

Quoting Young_Mommy89: I understand the annoyance. I have no advice as my dd is still up my butt

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:50 PM
My 8 year old acts like this before I have a baby.

He did it with his brother who is 20 months now. He has just started doing it again, I'm 28 weeks.

He got better when his brother was about six weeks.
meowsrus
by MamaKitty on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Could be so many things. You could try playing a question game with her to see if you GGG it out of her. With my eldest she wouldn't answer directly, but if we had dolls or stuffed animals we would each hold one or two and have them "talk" to each other.

After getting out what was bothering her that way she many times felt much better. Of course one of the friends I was holding would answer her friend.

But while it is annoying, she obviously needs mama right now.

Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM

She is very excited for the baby to be here.  She kiss my stomach all the time and talks to her baby sister.  She really wants to help too so we didn't think she'd start reverting to a 2-3 year old.  But getting her a special gift is a great idea!

Quoting Melissa_4:

Be patient.  When the baby comes, let her be the big helper that she can be at her age.  She can help get you diapers, water, things for the baby, etc.  Get her a little something special (a big sister gift) when everyone comes to the hospital to see the baby (pack it into your hospital bag so you don't forget).  Perhaps a little necklace or something "special" like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)