Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who never wants to move?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
Seems like everyone I know has moved all around the country with spouses, jobs, school, etc. They'll pack up and move in very short amounts of time, on a whim it seems. If they can't sell their house, they just rent it out and keep on truckin'. I can't even imagine! Maybe I'm just old fashioned or naive but when we bought our house it was with the intention of raising our kids and growing old there. And that's what I plan on doing. Am I the only who wants to stay put?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:06 PM
We just bought our "forever house" if that makes sense. We rented in a few towns until we could afford a down payment that we think was correct.

We choose our house for the point of staying here and possibly passing it to our children. It's large enough for one or more of them to have separate areas to stay when they are adults and their is an apartment if need be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:07 PM
I move for my Job frequently. Jist rent apartments for now. In time I will buy and stay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Yes, forever house! I use that term all the time :)

Quoting Anonymous: We just bought our "forever house" if that makes sense. We rented in a few towns until we could afford a down payment that we think was correct.

We choose our house for the point of staying here and possibly passing it to our children. It's large enough for one or more of them to have separate areas to stay when they are adults and their is an apartment if need be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:09 PM
The military doesn't give DH the option to stay put.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I'd like to move once more, into a single family. We couldn't sell our townhouse now. I just don't trust renting it. We're good.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:10 PM
I've been a military dependent my entire life, I'd love to move someplace and stay there forever.
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:10 PM
We'll settle down once he retires
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I wish I could stop moving. We've been renting since DH and I moved out on our own.  

Before that, I'd only moved once, into the house that my my parents and I lived in for 18 years and they still live in. 

I would buy a home, but currently it's damn near impossible to get a mortgage unless you've got really good credit, and I don't have any rich and/or dead relatives who are willing to buy me a house or leave me an inheretence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Totally get that.

Quoting Anonymous: The military doesn't give DH the option to stay put.
dragonflyvee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I was a military kid. I hated to move around all of the time. I want a place to call home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN