Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Irrationally upset!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
So some friends ( we call them family) are coming down to stay near us for a few days. They traveled 600 miles to get here and rented two vacation houses. They have a large family and rentals near here aren't very big. We are driving an hour to see them and were promised a room so we didn't have to drive back and forth everyday to visit them.
They called a few minutes ago to tell us they had arrived and let us know that they brought extra people, so there is no longer an extra room. Our options are to sleep on the floor or drive back and forth every day for three days.

I am a little pissed that they didn't let us know when I talked to them 3 days ago that they were bringing other people so we could have tried to make other arrangements. All the decent hotels and motels in a 20 mile radius are booked or don't have rooms large enough to accommodate us.

Its pretty shitty and pretty inconvenient.

Rant over.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I think that is pretty inconsiderate of them.

But maybe you could make the best of it and bring a sleeping bag and spend at least a night there.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/017/c/5/leafes_divider_by_gewalgon-d55jolb.png

katydid150
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Not very nice of them, but an hour drive is not that big a deal if they are good friends. 

shell3m
by Shell on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:01 PM
That would suck!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:01 PM
We are. We are going to throw a couple air mattresses in the car and go because we love them.

Its just an inconvenience to not have a room like we expected and to have it sprung on us at the last moment.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I think that is pretty inconsiderate of them.

But maybe you could make the best of it and bring a sleeping bag and spend at least a night there.

mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:04 PM
It does really suck, but I would just buy air matresses and make it work.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I recently discovered that memory foams cost approximately the same as air mattresses. If they roll up, that is a way better option for your money IMO.

Just in case you were wondering.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I already have the air mattresses. If anything happens to them I will look into that though. Thanks for the tip!

Quoting B1Bomber:

I recently discovered that memory foams cost approximately the same as air mattresses. If they roll up, that is a way better option for your money IMO.

Just in case you were wondering.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)