Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Very scared and worried for my DD.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

So recently my 17 year old DD has been diagnoised with an eating disorder and I'm very scared and worried for her. She recently told me that yesterday when we went to a family party, she binged a lot . Then she went upstairs and purged . Today she told me on top of that that she took 9 diurectics yesterday. I'm just so worried for my DD and I don't know what to do?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfhsure
by beast mode on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Get her in therapy asap. Maybe take her to a doctor and evaluate her and explain to her the consequences this disorder might have.
JanineDeer
by Janine on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:24 PM

I'm sorry, you have to be devastated.   Go find a support group to help you thru this.  You will be needing to talk and with others who understand.  

I'm sorry.

MarriedYoung
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Was she bragging, crying, laughing? How did she say it? Have you thought about putting her in a in an inpatient program?
momma2mms
by Kristin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Maybe inpatient therapy? Good luck and hugs!

daniellegirly26
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:25 PM
I don't have any advice. Here's a hug and a bump.
almburr
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Inpatient care.
armytriplets
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM

You cannot talk someone out of an eating disorder by explaining the consequences. They know the consequences. That is why they do it. Seek professional help immediately. I work at an inpatient unit and I would not recommend that as a first resort. Seek help with a doctor who can refer you to a prefessional who specializes in eating disorders. Best Wishes!

Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:29 PM
The organ damage alone from anorexia or bulimia is astounding not to mention a host of other issues. I agree with what pps have said, inpatient therapy. Good luck
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Get her therapy and keep a close eye, but try no to be reactionary. Also give her as many ways as possible to keep her life as stable as possible - many eating disorders spring from a desire to control something rather than a particular appearance issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Quoting MarriedYoung: Was she bragging, crying, laughing? How did she say it? Have you thought about putting her in a in an inpatient program?

She was just talking normally with her head down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN