Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a failure...

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:33 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have 10 month old twin boys. One crawls, rolls around, pulls up and his going around in his walker. The other can roll from his back to his sides, from his stomach to his back, is trying to sit up from laying on his back, pulls up when he has our hands, is not crawling, hates to be on his stomach. He cries and rolls immediately over to his back if we put him on his stomach. He can scoot on his butt though. We try with him. I spend hours everyday playing on the floor with them both. I'm worried that he hasn't hit those same milestones as his twin. Makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. What do yall think?

Thank you all for responding. It does make me feel better about him. I appreciate your kind words.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
R00k
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
They may be twins but they are still two different people who will move along and grow at their individual paces.
belindah
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Each child is different.  If you are concerned about talk to his doctor.

missymackie
by Hey Brother on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Relax, he will catch up in his own time
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
It's ok mama. Don't compare them and only worry when his pedi does. Big hugs to you.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
They are 2 different boys. ALL kids develop at different rates. Including twins.
whoodathunk
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Relax.  Talk to your pediatrician.  Kids develop differently.  I would think that they're both very much in normal range.  Are either of them babbling at all?  Were they the same size when born?

Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Each child is DIFFERENT, and as such will each reach mile stones at different times.

I'd be more concerned with your child's reaction to being on his tummy.  Have you had him checked to see if is something is possibly hurting him?

Roxanne92
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
You are not doing anything wrong kids do things at their own pace if you think something's wrong talk to their pediatrician
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Every child is different.

Only concern is the walker, doctors don't recommend them anymore because it can hurt their hips and knees.

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
He's just developing at a different rate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)