Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My brother and SIL bought my niece a 1100 purse??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 125 Replies
My brother and SIL are rich. We didn't grow up with money but my brothers company took off 10 years ago and he's been rich ever since.

My niece is 16. She just got an internship for this year and as a present they got her a $1100 purse to use for "work". WTF? Does this seem crazy to anyone else?? She's not spoiled or bratty or anything but still!

When my SIL was talking about it she didn't seem to care or think it's a big deal. She said it was "classic" and she can use it forever. Maybe this is just cause DH and I have months where we need to decide between all our groceries and the electric, but I'm surprised and a little disgusted.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM
8 moms liked this
Jealousy isn't cute.

This is none of your business. She sounds responsible and drive if she's excited to start an internship, which is usually working for free, and if she's not spoiled and bratty there's nothing wrong with her parents giving her nice things.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Not something I'd do although we could afford it.  Hell, I wouldn't spend that much on a purse for ME.  But we spend on things that others would think are outrageous, so if they want to do it and can afford it - so what?

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm disgusted by a hard working adult buying something like that so I agree. However, not my money not my business.
Hilary799
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Ridiculous!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM
They can afford she's not all wrong. My Prada lasted yeara and prob. would've lasted longer if I had taken proper care of it.
mom2theA-team
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't see the big deal. She was rewarded with an item she could use... which will probably last long term. I'm not a "purse" person but I do prefer to buy quality items. 

daniellegirly26
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:38 PM
There is nothing wrong with it. They can afford it. That's the end of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:38 PM
What's disgusting about an adult who can afford something like that buying it?

Quoting thenameshailie: I'm disgusted by a hard working adult buying something like that so I agree. However, not my money not my business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:38 PM
I don't see the problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:39 PM
6 moms liked this
Its all relative. Them spending $1,000 on a purse is like me spending $200. Someone who could only afford $10 would think I'm crazy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)