Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help with data!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM
  • 19 Replies

I need internet and every company here has a data cap so like 1gb or 5gb sect. Well i can only afford the 1.5gb. Would that be enough to use facebook and youtube and my college class work???  I use the internet a lot.

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:01 PM
I think I have 2gb and used to go over my data every single month. Dh threatened to turn my phone off....we finally compromised by getting wifi at home. My phone is always connected to the wifi now.
mommyof1.
by Jamie<3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

i would be using it for my laptop only. I have inlimt4ed data on my phone so.

Quoting almondpigeon: I think I have 2gb and used to go over my data every single month. Dh threatened to turn my phone off....we finally compromised by getting wifi at home. My phone is always connected to the wifi now.

LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:04 PM
DH is grandfathered in to unlimited data on his iPhone 4. I told him he can NEVER upgrade.

I just saw a commercial where Time Warmer was offering internet at home for pretty cheap. WIFI is what you need, either that or start hanging out at Starbucks
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:04 PM
I would definitely go over that on my laptop! I stream music from Amazon all day long!

Quoting mommyof1.:

Quoting almondpigeon: I think I have 2gb and used to go over my data every single month. Dh threatened to turn my phone off....we finally compromised by getting wifi at home. My phone is always connected to the wifi now.

mommyof1.
by Jamie<3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:06 PM

that company isnt in my area and going somewhere like mcds or something isnt an option.

Quoting LovlyRita: DH is grandfathered in to unlimited data on his iPhone 4. I told him he can NEVER upgrade. I just saw a commercial where Time Warmer was offering internet at home for pretty cheap. WIFI is what you need, either that or start hanging out at Starbucks

emandab
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:06 PM

You can tether your laptop to your phone so it will use your unlimited data from your phone instead of having an internet service at home.  

Quoting mommyof1.:

mommyof1.
by Jamie<3 on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:09 PM

i tried that and it said something like i have to pay for it?

Quoting emandab:

You can tether your laptop to your phone so it will use your unlimited data from your phone instead of having an internet service at home.  

Quoting mommyof1.:

Pinkmommy0211
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:13 PM
This.

I'm always connected to WiFi. Unless I am in the car and I need to use my mapquest app.

I may increase it to 4, that way we both get 2gbs. Just because my oldest will be on auditions a lot shortly.

DivaKim
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Does your phone have hot spot availability ? If your phone data is unlimited then you would be good to go.

Quoting mommyof1.:

Ol--Akasha--lO
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Use your phone for youtube and FB. Use your laptop for school work only.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN